Daylight savings time - Tamoxifen

Options
Bear1966
Bear1966 Member Posts: 9
Due to daylight savings time ending here in Victoria. 
Should I change the time I take my Tamoxifen tablet? 
I take it at 8.30am every day, do I now take it at 7.30am? 
Or am I overthinking things? 
I keep forgetting to ask my oncologist. 

Comments

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Hi!  Hope you're settled with treatment.   As to Tamoxifen, take it at a time that suits you.  Early days I changed from morning to lunchtime to evening trying to manage side effects without disruption to the daily work home life.
    Evening suits me better once the body adjusted
    Take care
  • cranky_granny
    cranky_granny Member Posts: 719
    Options
    Hi @Bear1966. I’ve been on AI for 6 years now. Started with Anastrozole  then Tamoxifen and back to Anastrozole each time I played with the time of day I took it till I found a time which suited. 
    Because some of my medication has to be taken with food I don’t always take it at exactly the same time. Especially during daylight saving switch over i aim for 7:30Pm if the meal is early or late either side I haven’t  had an issue. The big  rule I was given was if you forget a dose don’t double up the next one,  I  was hopeless remembering to eat let alone take my meds in the mornings too rushed first thing. I hit snooze too often. 
    I have an alarm set on my phone plus my health app gives me a reminder to log my medications as taken or skipped/missed. It was a bit of fun putting them into the app to start but glad I worked it out.
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,377
    Options
    One hour difference doesn’t matter - I was on Letrozole, but same issue about timing. I worked on the basis that a two hour difference was acceptable. It’s usually easier to take tablets at the same time but life gets in the way sometimes. As @cranky_granny says, don’t double up if you forget, or take two close together. Best wishes.