Coffee

Options
Katie46
Katie46 Member Posts: 79
After 4 rounds of AC and 4 of paclitaxel, coffee tastes like coffee again. In the unpredictable world of chemo side effects, I'm enjoying it while it lasts 😀 

Comments

• Spursy
    Spursy Member Posts: 11
    Options
    That's great. 
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,379
    Options
    @Katie46 That is such a nice step. I was able to drink coffee through all my paclitaxol, so enjoy. AC was the pits with no coffee to make it feel better.
  • Coastiejas
    Coastiejas Member Posts: 26
    Options
    Hi @Katie46
    Yay! You definitely need to hang on to the positives! I'm not a coffee drinker but I was recently able to have my first hot chocolate since starting chemo!! ;)
  • Katie46
    Options
    @Coastiejas I've been drinking hot chocolate because coffee tasted musty, hot chocolate tasted normal,  chemo side effects are so random. 🤷‍♀️
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,959
    Options
    Hi @Katie46,
    I'm having my first cup of coffee for the day right now - still dark and stars are out - and it is so gooood!
    I am 7 years post surgery, chemo etc and I keep in touch with the network; usually first thing in the morning.

from jennyss in Western NSW
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    It's gone 6 months since I had surgery and my taste for coffee has not returned!  
  • Blossom1961
    Options
    @iserbrown
    That is so traumatic. How do you survive!!!!!!!
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    I was coffee only, can't stand the smell of tea!
    Now it's hot chocolate when I'm out and the occasional Ovaltine Light break at home.
    Last thing I expected was to lose the taste for something I've enjoyed for years!  Dear oh dear!
  • Blossom1961
    Options
    @iserbrown I needed my coffee so I tried heaps of different ones until I found one I could tolerate. Interestingly, it was the highest dose caffeine one. Once chemo and its side effects were over, I couldn't stand the taste of the really caffeinated one and went back to my normal pre chemo taste.
  • Katie46
    Options
    When coffee was a no go for me I switched to hot chocolate, and then tried chai latte, which I wasn't a great fan of before,  but found was nice for a change.
  • Coastiejas
    Coastiejas Member Posts: 26
    Options
    @iserbrown I also now can't stand blacktea which I used to love..... I'm drinking green and peppermint teas now...... weird how our taste changes!!