Access to NDIS?

Options
StarGirl
StarGirl Member Posts: 135
edited March 19 in General discussion
I should maybe post this in the metastatic group, but it’s fairly quiet there so I thought just a general post might be more visible. To summarise, I was diagnosed stage 4 de novo (liver mets) HER2+ in 2015 at age 40. I did 5 months of paclitaxel and have continued on with 3 weekly Herceptin and Perjeta since then. My HER2+ cancer has remained stable, but in 2018 I was diagnosed with a new primary breast cancer, this time ER+ and HER2-. In 2019 I had a left sided mastectomy and full axilla clearance and 25 sessions of radiation. In 2021 I had a new recurrence of the ER+ bc and had more lymph nodes removed (so clearly not as complete an axilla clearance in 2019 as I had thought). In November 2023 scans picked up new tumours in the lymph system and chest wall (assumed but not proven to be ER+), so I am now on Tamoxifen in addition to the Herceptin and Perjeta. I have been soldiering on doing everything (childcare, cooking, cleaning, etc ) but am really (REALLY) tired and living with low level, but constant, pain and it’s becoming a struggle. Dealing with cancer, treatments and their side effects for almost a decade has taken its toll. My boys are 12 and 14 (and unaware I have any health issues) so that in itself is exhausting. Has anyone had any success accessing NDIS support? I could really use some help. 

Comments

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    https://www.ndis.gov.au/applying-access-ndis/am-i-eligible

Hope that helps and perhaps look for a local office to ask

I have a sister on NDIS,  lots of hoops to get through 

Take care