PBS safety limit.

Options
AllyJay
AllyJay Member Posts: 946
 Yaaaay...today hubby and I reached our PBS safety limit, so now most of our scrips will be at no cost....it all helps.

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,596
    Options
    Well done xx That's a 'win' xx
  • AllyJay
    Options
    Mmmm...hubby had his heart transplant on 3 December last year, so is on multiple medications to prevent rejection as well as preventative meds for fungal and bacterial infections as his immune system has been knocked out so it doesn't attack the new heart.
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,596
    Options
    OMG - that is monumental surgery - and very scary for both of you, leading up to it and after  @AllyJay xx 

I hope hubby is recovering well from the transplant and getting out & about again soon xx 

It is great that the meds are doing their job - Australia has a pretty good history with their heart transplant recoveries xx

take care & all the best for hubby's recovery xx
  • AllyJay
    Options
    Thanks for your good wishes @arpie....he's doing fairly well, but on of his drugs is really thumping his kidneys, so we hope that levels out. He actually had an LVAD...left ventricular assistance device fitted in the beginning of July last year (5 months before the transplant). This is an artificial pump which is sewn into the lower left ventricle to help his failed heart, so he had two massive open heart surgeries within the space of six months, so "Up Yours" to the wicked Cosmic Clowns yet again. Big hugs to you and keep on keeping on xoxoxo.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Oh @AllyJay
    Pleased to read the burden of costs is somewhat reduced for you both now!
    I wish your hubby a fuller life now he's on the better side of open-heart surgeries!
    Take care and all the best to you both!
  • AllyJay
    Options
    Thank you @iserbrown for your kind words and wishes....it never rains...it only pours.