Sentinal node biopsy.j

Options
adelaide
adelaide Member Posts: 15
edited March 8 in General discussion
I had a Sentinal Node biopsy 9 days ago the dressing was taken down and replaced on Tuesday by my GP I saw the breast care nurse on Wednesday and she removed the dressing and put a steri strip on it she said there was some irritation there there is no adhesive from the dressing left,the issue I am having and have have had since the initial post op dressing was removed 24 hours later is that when my skin surfaces coming contact with each other it sticks together which is very uncomfortable everything I move my arm it pulls apart,I have used no deodorant and the area has been throughly washed and dried.There is no obvious rash lump or discoloration.
Was wondering if anyone here has had the same issue and possably know the cause.🤞
I keep a tissue there so it isn’t quite so uncomfortable.There has been no dressing other then the steristip which I have now removed as it has caused blisters.It has been open to the air.

Comments

• Spursy
    Spursy Member Posts: 12
    Options
    I'd try a different type of plaster, dressing to cover the area yet let's it breath. The pharmacist may be helpful. 
  • adelaide
    Options
    Thank you .No dressing just a steri strip which is very thin,was thinking of the pharmacist we have a very good one.
  • MrsMorrisey
    MrsMorrisey Member Posts: 78
    Options
    My BS put steri strips at the dressing change and said to apply a little bit of oil around the site and they will help the skin. You can use coconut oil if you have it but I’ve been putting bio oil on my scar to reduce it. 
    Rose hip oil is also good. 
  • adelaide
    Options
    Thankyou so much I have applied zinc and bio oil with no change I have just removed the steri strip as it has caused blisters under it and it is now angrier and redder than it was before I am going to head to the pharmacy and see if they have any suggestions.🤞🤞