Hi from WA

Options
JessWA
JessWA Member Posts: 2 New Member
Hi all, I am Jess, I'm 43.

I was diagnosed with breast cancer late in May last year and had a uni mastectomy 5 weeks later.

I am looking to have a bilateral later this year to go flat. I am currently in radiation - 2 sessions to go and then I'm done at 25. I went through chemo Sept-Dec last year.

The cancer was fully contained in and removed with the breast and one lymph node, and everything else is precautionary at this stage.

I have a great supporting community around me, and a strong and authentic personal faith in Jesus. I have kept a blog going throughout, which has helped me with processing ( https://www.facebook.com/jesswildcanvas?mibextid=LQQJ4d ).

I have felt my inner warrior rise up and tackle this journey, have had times of sadness, grief and anger, as well as peace, joy and curiosity.

Hi to you all, I cannot wait to shift from being one-boobed to a flattie! 😂😂

x Jess

Comments

• Spursy
    Spursy Member Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi Jess
    I applaud you on your journey to being a flattie. I too have had one mastectomy and would love to be a flattie. Only recent op in January and the Dr says to wait before anymore surgery. 
    Well done brave lady. 
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,834
    Options
    Welcome @JessWA -  Have you found the Flat Chat - No breast Reconstruction private group ?
  • JessWA
    JessWA Member Posts: 2 New Member
    Options
    Thanks @June1952 - no I do not know that group yet.x

• June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,834
    edited February 21
    Options
    Hi @JessWA.  This group is a private group within this site.  Go to the blue banner at the top of the screen and you will find it  under the list of groups.  Come back to the BCNA moderators if you have a problem finding it.
    Oh, I see that you joined the private group at 9.53 am today so you are well on your way.