A BIG Happy Birthday to @AnnieC today!

Options
arpie
arpie Member Posts: 7,593
edited August 2023 in General discussion
Wishing @Annie C a BIG Happy Birthday today, over in the West xx.

I hope you’ve had a lovely day, shared with family & friends xx

Comments

• Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,380
    Options
    Happy Birthday beautiful lady

• jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,959
    Options
    Dear @Annie C,

Best wishes from jennyss in Western NSW
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Wishing you a very Happy Birthday and Many Happy Returns 

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,374
    Options
    Have a very happy birthday! 
  • Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    Options
    Thankyou everyone, I appreciate your thoughtful wishes.

What an eventful year this has been. I do hope it is not repeated.

January saw my little town very wet, deluged and totally isolated from the rest of Australia by Wet Season floods. We doubled our average annual rainfall in 18 days.
    An excerpt from our Road Authority will give an idea.

Somewhere under the 16 metres of water is 10 kms of National Highway 1. North of us the single lane bridge at Fitzroy Crossing was damaged beyond repair.
    Our highway south was extensively damaged and not passable.
    We were fast running out of food in our only supermarket.
    The emergency authorities solution was to barge in limited supplies and introduce rationing of food, fuel and power.
    I put my head down and quilted making beautiful quilts for a charity I support even though at times, there was no electricity for the sewing machine!

No way in or out of our town meant that the lump I found in my right breast in late January had to wait until a temporary bypass track around the 10 kilometres of damaged highway was constructed, and by mid April I could travel the 220 kilometres to Broome for an ultrasound. I put my head down and quilted. It was scar tissue.

My older sister passed away in April followed three weeks later by my older brother in early May. I put my head down and again quilted.
    I was unable to physically attend their funerals however, live streaming brought their services into our living room and I was there.
    For the first time in the thirty years I have lived in the Kimberley I questioned my decision to stay. A fleeting decision.

The year has brought it's challenges - floods, family, and health.

However life is good, we weathered the floods, my freezer and pantry remain full, we have had enjoyable times with visitors staying on our bush block and my quilting passion lives on.
    Many grateful thanks to you all.

• jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,959
    Options
    O my golly goodness @Annie C, you are a brave soldier!

and lots of love from jennyss in Western NSW

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,593
    Options
    You surely do deserve a MUCH BETTER next 5 years, I reckon @Annie C to make up for this one - and I hope you can put this tough year behind you xx. 
    I agree with @jennyss - you one brave soldier ..... and SO MUCH QUILTING!!!   Well done, you  xx

• Locksley
    Locksley Member Posts: 924
    Options
    Dear Annie I hope you had a lovely birthday.