Reoccurrance of breast cancer

Options
Trikki2
Trikki2 Member Posts: 297
Hi lovely people.
Is reoccuranxe of BC likely after having stage 3, grade 3, her 2 pos bc, almost 5 years ago. I have one breast, and noticed perhaps a lump, hard to tell without getting checked. I had right breast mastectomy and chemo. I have been amazing up until  now, except for tye chemo brain and menopause but hey I'm alive.
Thanks in advance 
Trikki2 

Comments

• Cath62
    Cath62 Member Posts: 1,288
    edited July 2023
    Options
    No one can guess this @Trikki2. Your 5 years down which is just wonderful. Get that lump checked, could be just a cyst.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    @Trikki2
    Are you due for a mammogram?
    At least go and see your GP and have that "perhaps a lump" checked.  It will give you peace of mind.
    Take care
  • Trikki2
    Options
    I am due for my mammogram in September,  so I will call and bring it forward 🙏 
    Thank you xx
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,381
    Options
    @Trikki2 Get it checked ASAP please. I was four years post and my cancer came back. It may just be a cyst, but don’t risk it.
  • Mez_BCNA
    Mez_BCNA Administrator, Staff, Member, Moderator Posts: 882
    Options
    Hi @Trikki2, to add to the helpful advice above. You may like to check out our My Journey articles on the subject of 'Recurrence'. Your feelings are valid and experienced by most people who have been diagnosed with cancer.

Fear of cancer coming back (recurrence)

What makes breast cancer return or spread?

• June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,834
    Options
    @Trikki2 - as others have said, bring the mammogram forward.  Silly to sit and worry when you can get it checked.  No-one says you have to wait for the scheduled mammogram so see your GP.  I had a lump on the mastectomy side, above the scar, several years after my BC.  It turned out to be a Lipoma so now worry at all.  All the best, let us know how you get on.
  • PrisMay1
    PrisMay1 Member Posts: 65
    Options
    I was first diagnosed in 2006. I’ve had annual mammograms since then and devastated to find I had another cancer in the same breast this year!  I did all of the treatment - lumpectomy, radiation, hormone blockers for 8 years. Thought I was all good but apparently not!  Get it checked! Wish you luck! 
  • Trikki2
    Options
    I  am so sorry to hear this, keep strong and lkick that  cancers butt. I have an appt in 2 weeks. X fingers 
    Take care xx