Integrative oncology talk for interest.

Cath62
Cath62 Member Posts: 1,266
https://yestolife.org.uk/radio_shows/pioneers-of-integrative-oncology/

This talk is available to listen on demand from 21st April 2023. It will be available on utube. The link above provides information but I have copied some of the information about the speakers below 

A special extended edition of the Yes to Life Show on UK Health Radio featuring six pioneers of Integrative Oncology who together have made a hugely significant contribution to the evolution of cancer care, paving the way for much of what is now accepted as good integrative practice.

Dr Bernie Siegel, author of the groundbreaking book ‘Love, Medicine and Miracles’, and foundational player in the establishment of mind-body medicine, now widely accepted and scientifically underpinned.

Ian Gawler, another key figure in advocating for the mind-body connection, and in particular in promoting the adoption of meditation techniques, through his charitable organisation and books such as ‘You Can Conquer Cancer’.

Ralph Moss, an established and respected author, and a lifelong campaigner for better cancer care. He is a tireless critic of many of the practices and systems that he describes as the ‘cancer industry’, in which profit is all too often a higher priority than patient wellbeing, let alone treatment success.

Dr Keith Block, often referred to as the ‘father of Integrative Oncology’ due to his bold step, some 40+ years ago, beyond the polarised conventional-alternative conflict, to start integrating mainstream treatments with natural and other approaches, in the interests of better outcomes.

Michael Lerner has a spectacular lifetime track record of relentless activity to support people with cancer, starting with the foundation of the visionary Commonweal Centre in California, and still as creative today in delivering continually improving services such as the superb new cancerchoices.org website.

Petrea King has been a guiding light in Australia for over four decades, providing those with cancer with hope, guidance, inspiration and resources through her many books and public appearances, and her Quest for Life Centre with all its many services.

Available to listen on demand from 21st April 2023.

Comments

• FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,513
    I’ve read both Bernie Siegel’s book and Petrea King’s. I’ve had them since diagnosis. They’re awesome and helped me out of my major slump 3 three years ago. This talk should be really good 👌🏻👌🏻  Thanks Cath 🌸. 
  • Keeping_positive1
    Keeping_positive1 Member Posts: 555

Thanks @Cath62 for the information and I am going to look into some integrative medicine from this point on.  Our health is our responsibility and we need to get information from a combination of disciplines.  I am looking back in the past history of those that taught herbal medicine as well.  I will never abandon all the good modern medicine has provided us with, but we can also learn a lot from those before us in this present time.  Enjoy your weekend Cath, you are such a beautiful soul.  

• Cath62
    Cath62 Member Posts: 1,266
    @FLClover, I have a couple of Patrea King's books and got them during treatment. She is amazing and reading her book Your Life Matters truly changed me. I contacted Patrea just before I started chemo. She did a special meditation for me one night. This was during 2020 and at the time Patrea did nightly guided meditation's. She still does them on a Monday night via her Facebook page. They are usually at 7.30pm. 

@Keeping_positive1 what a beautiful thing to say to me. Yes I agree with you about integrated medicine. I too won't abandon Western Medicine either but I think we needs more holistic approaches to health and that starts with us. 
  • FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,513
    @Cath62 oh wow, that’s fantastic!! Thanks for that info, I’ll look her up! 😃😃