Introduction

briohne
briohne Member Posts: 20
edited January 2012 in General discussion

I am four weeks out today from Left Mastectomy and Auxillery Clearance.  Finished all my tests/scans last week and will have those results on Tuesday.  Main tumour was a Stage III but I also had mucinal carcinoma as well as the ductal.  Apparently thats rare for my age.

I start chemo on Tuesday.  I am so scared of being sick. But Im more scared about not doing anything and risking my future.  So I will plug on through...

I have 6 children, my husband and I have  15,12, and 10 year olds as well as 3 young foster children 4,2 and 2.

Life is so busy busy busy and I am run off my feet.  I keep saying to my husband, "Im not sure that I can fit cancer into my schedule!!"  hahahha.

A lot of family have pressured us either way as to keeping the foster children or moving them on, with this new condition. Im just not sure what to do. All I know is that cancer is stupid and inconvenient.  :-)

Comments

• Phoenixchick
    Phoenixchick Member Posts: 32
    edited March 2015

None of use put the diagnosis of Bc in out diaries!  It just happens.  I agree that your should tell your friends . Be bold about asking for practical support so as to alleviate their stress as well as your own. Being part of the team will allow others to grow from the experince... and you will all learn alot together. Somepeople just want to help but do not know how. You will be amazed about what can be achieved with some team spirit.

I would like to hope that your children will all grow out of your experince.  I have 2 daughters 21 and 26.. they found it hard at first, but we shared alot . Their friends were also supportive of them.. so at was positive all round.

I suugest that you should not be scared of chemo. Take all the advice from the nurses. They are amazing.  Chemo is aweful, but you will have  many good days as well as a few predictable yukky days.  I even managed to go to work on my good days, I felt totally normal.  This should mean you can cook and clean and do normal stuff with the kids.

Plan to get help on the dad days as you will really need it.  I feld amazingly tired. The days just disappeared. I felf much metter by about day 7 of A/C treatment.