Joining up

briohne
briohne Member Posts: 20
edited January 2012 in General discussion

Am I a young woman?? Im not so sure - I am 34.  I am four weeks out today from Left Mastectomy and Auxillery Clearance.  Finished all my tests/scans last week and will have those results on Tuesday.  Main tumour was a Stage III but I also had mucinal carcinoma as well as the ductal.  Apparently thats rare for my age.

I start chemo on Tuesday.  I am so scared of being sick. But Im more scared about not doing anything and risking my future.  So I will plug on through...

I have 6 children, my husband and I have  15,12, and 10 year olds as well as 3 young foster children 4,2 and 2.

Life is so busy busy busy and I am run off my feet.  I keep saying to my husband, "Im not sure that I can fit cancer into my schedule!!"  hahahha.

A lot of family have pressured us either way as to keeping the foster children or moving them on, with this new condition. Im just not sure what to do. All I know is that cancer is stupid and inconvenient.  :-)

Looking for some good understanding friends. Thanks for your responses.

Comments

• danielle ghilardi
    danielle ghilardi Member Posts: 204
    edited March 2015

Hi Briohne,

Yes you are definately a young woman!!! I am so glad that you have found this site and that you have been able to express your concerns about the kids.

So today is Monday, tomorrow is the big day for you and your family!! I hope you get some good results. Don't be scarred of chemo, i did not let it take over my life. 

Not sure what chemo you will have but with mine i had chemo and then by day 2 to about days 5 or 6 i felt like crap but i still functioned. Then your cells build up and you start to feel good again just before they hit you with the next round.

I think thats amazing that you have your 3 children plus the 3 that you have fostered. Only you can make the decision as to wether you will cope and how much help you receive from your family.

Personally i reckon you can do it, sit down and discuss it with the older children and see what they are prepared to do to help you out.

I wish you all the best tomorrow and look forward to our new friendship.

Danielle xx

Sory have to rush out had lots more to say xx

• Dwakelin87
    Dwakelin87 Member Posts: 17
    edited March 2015
    I hope your tests and scans came back ok xxxx

Your a very young woman ! Without a doubt , and by the sounds of things very strong

Where abouts are you from ?
  • Kezzy75
    Kezzy75 Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2015

Hell yes your young - I'm 37 in 2 weeks and I'm still calling myself young!

Cancer is totally stupid and inconvenient I agree, this was going to be my year, I was going back to Uni, Im in a job I love, in the best relationship of my life and finally happy and fulfilled - little did I realise I also had cancer!

Stay strong. Remember while LOTS of ppl will have idea's suggestions or advice on what you SHOULD do - this is your cancer and you get to make the rules. I say - My cancer - my rules. If I have to have this stupid thing I am having it on my terms!!!!!!

Stay strong.

• Kezzy75
    Kezzy75 Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2015

Sending big love and light to you!