Trials

Options
Cora
Cora Member Posts: 110
Hello, I'm new here. Verdict given yesterday that I need or should have a mastectomy. I am also a Christian, though my faith is at an all time low. I understand from reading the Word that these hardships are to make us more Christ like, but I have found over the years, that I seem to go backwards instead of growing as a Christian. I guess He prunes us for a reason, which I'm yet to find out. How can cancer be glorifying to God?

Comments

• Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,375
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Hi @Cora I was confused about having to go through treatment. However, the reason became apparent down the track. I had connected with four lovely ladies who were not Christians. I was able to share my faith with them and help them out at every opportunity. Two of them have since died but both had ample time before death to choose heaven over hell. I just loved them to bits. Our human thinking cannot comprehend some things. Remember though, Christ is not the giver of illness. As Christians we are called upon to go through things just like everyone else. The difference is, we call on God to help us cope with it all. Our biggest problem, is letting go, and I know that personally, that can be an issue for me. Sending a big hug and will pray for you. Love M
  • Cora
    Options
    Thankyou Blossom1961. It's good to be on this site. 
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    @Cora
     I was diagnosed 10yrs ago now and I see in hindsight that it  helped me to grow my children with disabilities  ability to be independent. 
    I dont wish Breast Cancer on anyone but I know I have grown from the roller coaster ride.... 

• Cora
    Options
    @SoldierCrab.  Interesting name. It is so good to hear from someone in the Christian community. I've basically stopped writing because my decision does not seem to represent what this group is about. With much research, questions, prayer discussions, agonising over directions have opted out of any treatment. I'm at peace. 
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    hi Cora, you need to do what is the right thing for you.