27th August - Best Wishes & a BIG Happy Birthday @AnnieC

Options
arpie
arpie Member Posts: 7,586 ✭
Wishing you the happiest of days on this, your 'special day' @Annie C

I hope you've got your feet up & enjoying some sewing or knitting, being waited on hand & foot, wine glass in hand!Β  ;)Β  Β 

Thank you for being my friend xx

Comments

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552 ✭
    Options
    Wishing you a very Happy Birthday and Many Happy ReturnsΒ 

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,373 ✭
    Options
    Have a very happy birthday and many more of them!Β 
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,959 ✭
    Options
    Dear @Annie C,

Best wishes from jennyss in Western NSW
  • Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849 ✭
    Options
    Thankyou everyone. Your warm birthday wishes are well appreciated.
    Yes, @arpie I did enjoy some knitting and sewing today as well as having a lovely lunch cooked for me by my husband. Baked myself a Birthday Fruit Cake, couldn't find the candles. I think I threw them out in the Great Cleanup a few months back. Probably just as well as 71 candles possibly may have set the cake alight!
    This past year has brought some delights and challenges.
    The delightful part is that after 27 years in our house I finally - yes finally - have a proper bathroom (and a door) with a beautiful glass shower enclosure that is so big it is possible to swing a cat or three in there. There is a vanity unit with two big drawers to put "stuff" along with an overhead shaving cabinet unit.
    Along with this beautiful proper bathroom I also have a proper separate laundry with cupboards, lots of drawers, a second glass enclosed shower and glory of glories a second toilet on the back verandah. No more yelling at my husband to "hurry up". Anyone who has had a combined laundry, toilet and shower that is also the entrance from the carport will understand the luxury of a separate laundry and separate bathroom with doors and a passageway!
    The challenging part of the year.
    Mid May an Opthalmology checkup revealed that more of my sight has been lost to advanced glaucoma.Β  Still patchworking and quilting, although peering at the needle area of the sewing machine has led to many scratches on my nose! Have now rediscovered the skill and joy of knitting.
    My annual mammogram at the end of May led to a recall, exactly five years to the day of my diagnosis. This required a 2,300 kms trip south for further investigation. The area of concern was found to be a benign calcified nodule. I walked on air out of the clinic. It was a difficult time, however I refused to allow my mind to go where it should not go.
    So many thanks to all and may your coming birthday year be peaceful.
    Annie
    Β 

• Julez1958
    Julez1958 Member Posts: 1,125 ✭
    Options
    Happy birthday
    πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
    πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰
    🍾🍾🍾

• Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,377 ✭
    Options
    Happy Birthday! Imagine being 30 but with the knowledge you have now. Enjoy being 30 again and then have an early night to recuperate

• Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849 ✭
    Options
    Haha, that's my whole problem. My mind tells me that I am only 30 however my body say "No way, girl, you are old " and then promptly makes it that I need three recuperative days!