Moisturiser for radiation treatment on breast

Options
Pommy8
Pommy8 Member Posts: 128
Which is the best moisturiser for radiation treatment looking at moo goo or strataxrt gel any advice pls.

Comments

• Locksley
    Locksley Member Posts: 911
    Options
    Hello.  I did have the mepatil during radiation.  I was recommended to just use sorbelene cream after.    I had purchased moo goo.   In the end sorbelene didn't cut it and I needed an intensive cream and used dermese for a few weeks.  Hope all goes well.
  • Julez1958
    Julez1958 Member Posts: 1,121
    Options
    Hi there
    i couldn’t have the Mepitel due to “ dog ears” ( fixed at reconstruction) but did use strata xrt which was very effective.
    The nurses at the radiation centre showed me how to apply it ( very soaring or it gets sticky) and advised it was to go on before each session ( after showering at least an hour before) 
    I then  washed it off on shower at night and then moisturised with moo goo .
    This regime worked for me.
    When radiation therapy finished I continued with moo goo and still use it 12 months in for my reconstructed breasts.
  • Cath62
    Cath62 Member Posts: 1,278
    Options
    Hi, moogoo was great once I healed a bit more from the radium treatment but I had a couple of really sore spots which I used QV intensive and/or dermese. I think it depends on how your skin responds to the radium treatment. Everyone is different so perhaps keep it your options open and also check with the nurses. They really know what's best for you.
  • Pommy8
    Pommy8 Member Posts: 128
    Options
    Thanks for replys x
  • Jwrenn
    Jwrenn Member Posts: 144
    Options
    I used moo goo and when I had a breakout a week after finishing treatment I used Bepanthem ( from the baby section of the supermarket) which cleared it up quickly
  • Christabel03
    Christabel03 Member Posts: 80
    Options
    Hi @Pommy8

I used Flamigel and Strata XRT and then would put MooGoo on as well if I was at home and felt like my skin needed a bit more, if that makes sense. For me the Strata was twice a day and Flamigel was three. Unfortunately because of the high number of rounds I have had I am now using Flamizene as I a badly burnt blistered and peeling :( My advice is pack the cream on!!
  • FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,535
    Options
    I wore Mepitel. Areas that got burnt regardless, I used Flamigel, also did a saline soak and applied pure aloe gel.