Delayed birthday wishes

Options
gumnut
gumnut Member Posts: 1,060
Hello all
Here in North Eastern NSW we have had no phone, mobile or internet/wifi for a week - back today though
So my apologies for the two belated birthday messages that I will post today  <3

We are high and dry here so far better off than many thousands that live near by us.
For any of those BCNA members who have been affected by the horrendous floods in the past week my heart goes out to you and I hope that you are all well and receiving some help now xox

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,593
    Options
    So glad you are 'ok' @gumnut xx .... there is shocking destruction up & down the coast and it's just started raining again!  Just heard from a buddy in the hinterland of Byron Bay - so was very happy to hear he was ok too.

take care xx

• gumnut
    gumnut Member Posts: 1,060
    edited March 2022
    Options
    How have you fared @arpie? xx
    Our Woolies was flooded, Coles emptied by the next day and cut off from the next biggest town Tweed heads for 4 days. All eftpos down for a week as well and all shops were cash only. Houses 5 minutes down the road from me are unliveable with entire household contents destroyed and on the nature strip. But nothing compared to those living in Lismore, Murwillumbah, Mullumbimby and Coraki 
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,959
    Options
    Dear @gumnut,
    I'm so glad you are high and dry; but you are surrounded by devastation. 

and thanks so much for celebrating all our birthdays. It is much appreciated.

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,593
    Options
    My heart bleeds for you, your neighbours and communities.  We've not had much incursion at all ... not copping it as badly as you guys xx it has just been persissing down.  The usual leads and dribbles and only some low lying areas along the rivet/lake have been flooded. 
    The weekend was nice and dried us out a bit and today ... but for how long? I can see the band of rain coming down from up your way... again ... 

Take care  stay safe xx
  • Cath62
    Cath62 Member Posts: 1,279
    Options
    Thanks @gumnut. We have been badly affected with our ground floor flooded ie a bedroom  living room and garden all ruined along with furniture, internal wall and also a leaking deck roof. We have been cleaning up since last Monday and it isn't finished. We had an internal assessor come but still waiting for a building assessor. We have a student living downstairs and he has been greatly affected.

Both my sisters have serveve damage at their homes on the ground floor. One sister who has 4 yr old twins had to be evacuated as water reach their 4th top step. 

Our natural surroundings are devastation. Where I normally walk is filled with debris, furniture, big trees and even a shipping container. It will take years to recover. Here's a couple of photos of my walking track.

• jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,959
    Options
    Dear @Cath62,
    That is shocking - and what a beautiful track it must have been to walk along
    Best wishes from jennyss in Western NSW
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    @gumnut and everyone else caught up in the rain events hope you're getting some dry weather and that you're all OK 
    Best wishes 
    Take care