MIA - update

Options
JoeyLiz
JoeyLiz Member Posts: 339
Hi there,
It has been a while since I have been on here, and recent birthday wishes from familiar names made me realise you all deserve an update!

For those who don't recognise my user name I'll recap:
I am a Radiation therapist from Hobart who in 2017 at 31 was diagnosed with a 7cm Her2+ IDC in my left breast, at the time I had a 2 year old. Well with 6 months of chemo, 12 months herceptin, a lumpectomy and DIBH Radiation I was given the all clear. I found this forum invaluable during treatment with all the knowledge and understanding from its members. I hope too that I contributed for others. I pulled away from the forum in order to get back to normality and as you will read, I got busy.

Fast forward to now and my then 2yo is a 5yo in Prep with a love of ballet and rythmic gymnastics with a spirit and attitude to rival my own! I returned to work full time after a while and finally achieved the promotion I had been long working towards, I am now the permanent Radiation Therapy Clinical Tutor. Also with the help of IVF from the embryos created pre chemo we have completed our family with the addition of a baby girl in Feb this year.

I promise to check in every so often and I hope those members who I encountered during my treatment are doing well xxx

Comments

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,378
    Options
    How special to get such a lovely update! Congratulations on your promotion and your thriving family. Keep well! 
  • FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,538
    edited June 2021
    Options
    I’m one of the newer members so I don’t you well, but nevertheless this is really wonderful to read ☺️♥️. Really really wonderful and inspiring. You now have a beautiful family and no ca 👌🏻👌🏻, what a beautiful reward. Congrats also on the promotion 🎊. May your happiness continue 💖.
    P.S. Happy birthday 😁🥳🎂🥂
  • Locksley
    Locksley Member Posts: 925
    Options
    I'm also one of the newer members what a lovely story being able to add to your family.  So many young women ask about having children after bc.  Congratulations. 
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,961
    Options
    Dear @JoeyLiz,
    Thanks for your MIA up-date. I'm so happy to hear all your news.

and best wishes from jennyss in Western NSW
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    So thrilled for you @JoeyLiz I remember you were working hard at your career and hoping for a new family member - so great to hear!
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    @JoeyLiz
    So pleasing to read all the joy that has come your way.
    Take care
    Best wishes 
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,607
    Options
    That is wonderful @JoeyLiz!  Congratulations on your lovely Bub and the promotion xxx

take care and all the best xx
  • PV123
    PV123 Member Posts: 202
    Options
    Hi @JoeyLiz
    Congratulations, great to hear you are doing well after treatment.  Wonderful news about the birth of your beautiful daughter and your promotion. 
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,446
    Options
    @JoeyLiz absolutely bloody awesome to hear that news.... I am now nearly 9yrs out and loving life in Tassie but I'm in NW Coast area. 
  • Cath62
    Cath62 Member Posts: 1,287
    Options
    Great story. Thank you ❤
  • Mazbeth
    Mazbeth Member Posts: 199
    Options
    So very happy for you @JoeyLiz! Thank you for checking in and sharing such a wonderful update. I joined in 2019 and reading your story is so great. Congratulations on achieving so much. X
  • ChezaH
    ChezaH Member Posts: 549
    Options
    Congratulations and what a wonderful story, so lovely to hear such wonderful news xx