Interesting diagram for identifying ILC in particular - all BCs too

arpie
arpie Member Posts: 7,524
I found this interesting diagram in one of the ILC Facebook pages (from lobularbreastcancer.org)

As, most of us look at ourselves in the mirror, in the raw, most mornings ...

Comments

• Mazbeth
    Mazbeth Member Posts: 199
    Thanks so much @arpie for putting up ILC information.
  • MicheleR
    MicheleR Member Posts: 343
    That is good. Only sign i had was right at the end and that was puckering of nipple. Even that was subtle, could have passed for being cold. My breast seemed a little heavier but id put on weight so couldnt really single that out. 
  • Mazbeth
    Mazbeth Member Posts: 199
    Mine was similar - had a heavy feeling and a thickening. If anyone even utters the words ‘dense breasts’ I tell them to ask for an US. I don’t think I truly understood why dense breasts were a problem. 
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,524
    I actually had no sign at all .... I had no idea I had BC.  (Which is how many may feel, until they are diagnosed with Stage 4, even!) :(  

Having had a clear mammogram about 6 months previously,  I went to my GP for my bi-annual Pap smear .... and she suggested to do a boob check ..... and so began my own personal nightmare!
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    No sign at all that I was able to pick up.  The doctors at Breastscreen thought they might be able to feel a thickening.  And in hindsight, maybe my nipple might have been a bit itchy.  One of the difficulties was that I was actually going through the end stages of menopause (officially there in between surgery and chemo) and I no longer had any idea what my body was doing.  You spend so much of your life tracking your body from period to period that when it all goes haywire, there's no point of reference for anything.