Help for bloat! 😨

Options
Nix
Nix Member Posts: 28 ✭
Ladies any recommendations on what I can take for chemo bloat? Ohhhfff it's so uncomfortable! 

Eating slower and less and all that kind of stuff but is there a certain med I can take? Even something holistic.

I've had a couple of De-gas today. Bit better but not amazing 

Comments

• June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,834 ✭
    Options
    Big issue for me when in hospital - the nurses always make me have peppermint water.  This goes way back 30+ years as well so it must be a good old-fashioned remedy.  Until you get some, try the old 'XXX peppermints' from the supermarket.
  • Nix
    Nix Member Posts: 28 ✭
    Options
    Will do thanks @June1952 💕
  • PV123
    PV123 Member Posts: 202 ✭
    Options
    Hi @Nix
    I have had bloating issues even prior to chemo.  I used to take diluted ginger and honey.  I grate some ginger, add hot water to it then strain.  I would then add more water and honey to the strained mixture in order to dilute it further as ginger can be quite strong. I would then take small sips of this mixture.

The oncologist suggested taking gaviscon.  

Hope this helps.
  • lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267 ✭
    Options
    I was also going to suggest peppermint water.
    You can buy a peppermint cordial and use that
    Mixing a 50/50 mix of dileted cordial and gaviscon or mylanta can work quite well and chemists used to sell capsules called Mintec, I think it was. Not sure if it's still available 

Last suggestion.... old fashoined Enos or Salvital, whaatever along those lines that you can get
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552 ✭
    Options
    Mintec is still available and are very effective 
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,380 ✭
    Options
    Lay on your back and cuddle your knees. Out it comes!