Tempered Conversations

BlackWidow
BlackWidow Member Posts: 268
edited December 2020 in General discussion
Whilst I thoroughly agree that this is a terrible time in our lives I sometimes read posts and wish ladies would read and re-read their posts before hitting the button.  Think how you were feeling at the beginning - is what you are saying really what you wanted to hear just then and is it expressed in a gentle manner ?  Yes, we need to be honest but please think about the terminology and how it would seem to others coming behind you.  You don't know how the person is feeling, you don't know their circumstances (personal or financial) and you don't know how what you are saying may be sufficient to drive the end of their life.  Please be kind. Anne
Tagged:

Comments

• AllyJay
    AllyJay Member Posts: 942
    Indeed....I recall some time ago, a new member was advised by another member to get off this site any any other which was reinforcing her "woe is me" attitude. Most unkind.
  • Keeping_positive1
    Keeping_positive1 Member Posts: 555
    edited December 2020
    It is awful when you think about it, because we are all in a similar boat, although some have a bigger boat and more resources to keep afloat!  I hear you @BlackWidow
  • MicheleR
    MicheleR Member Posts: 343
    This forum might be the only safe place some people have to vent. Unfortunately the written word can be interpreted a few ways. 

All of breast cancer is scary, beginning middle and long term care. Sometimes i come on here to see if what im experiencing is normal and will comment if what im experiencing is similar. I avoid commenting if there are already a good amount of comments or i cant think of how to phrase that doesnt add anything.

I avoid some topics which scare the willies out of me. I think some of the "thrivers" strike an amazing balance being reassuring and positive. Its not all rainbows for people however. I would hate to think anything ive written was offensive or scary to others. Would someone tell you?