3D Mammograms in some hospitals

berryberry Member Posts: 58
edited September 19 in Social Groups
So  selected Victorian hospitals are going to get 3D mammograms. I don't know whether to laugh or cry. They are intended as a second diagnosis after Breast Screen has picked up an abnormality. That's Breast Screen who still uses antiquated 2D mammograms, as the primary diagnostic tool.  When is the Federal Government going to roll out 3D mammograms for the whole of Breast Screen Australia so that Australian women can have a fighting chance to get to breast abnormalities early.  
Tagged:

Comments

• arpiearpie Mid North Coast, NSWMember Posts: 3,099
    edited October 29
    It makes me SO angry that they aren't rolling out 3D machines 'quicker' ... as it is a false economy to say it is too expensive, when the later diagnoses require more extensive & expensive surgery & treatment ... let alone the more drastic affect on our lives, being diagnosed later, sometimes too late.

There is the one Imaging place in Maroondah BreastScreen Vic that we assume still has the 3D machine (they were part of a trial just recently, comparing results with 2D - guess which 'won'??) . Discussed here:
    https://onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/discussion/comment/179491#Comment_179491

I have been very vocal about it on Breast Screen NSW - we ALL need to make our feelings known here: [email protected]  as these are the people who make the decisions re machines & being advised of Dense Breast Tissue.

Everyone can address their concerns re Dense Breast Tissue & the incorrect age adverts to [email protected]

Maybe by bombing them with 'facts' we can get it changed!