Compassion

Options
Blossom1961
Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,377
I used to be a compassionate person. Then I had a job that sent my love for people down the toilet. Then I got BC. Wow. The compassion has hit me like a tsunami. It is very hard to keep it in check. I just want to embrace all these hurting people and make them better. During treatment today I noticed a lady in tears. I went over to her where she grabbed my hand and held on tight. She sobbed that she had stage four lung cancer. I reassured her then made my way out the building, where I promptly teared up. Yesterday I was support person for a friend in chemo. Another lady rocked up and told her story to a news crew. She has aplastic anaemia and has no support family or friends nearby. She lives two hours away but has had to stay near the hospital for treatment for three months so far. My heart went out to her and I gave her my phone number. I may burn out at this rate but I can’t stop. My prayer list is getting quite big. Sometimes it scares me but the more I do, the more strength I have to do it. Just as well my God is bigger than me.

Comments

• SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    Blossom I hear you .... 
    Just had a mini break as I am exhausted by many things.... 

Breathe and remember to give it over to Him.