Webcast - hormone blockers

Options
Johnann
Johnann Member Posts: 29
Hi
i just wanted to say thank you for the discussion on hormone blockers. My cancer was HER negative and I’m currently on my third medication. Tamoxifen, Arimidex  and now Aromasin. Bone pain was why I moved from Arimidex. I still get bone pain and it really helped listening to Kate. I, too, feel like a whinger sometimes and wondered if I was going mad. Thank you for making the time to discuss these very important issues. Johnann 💞

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,615
    Options
    Hi @Johnann - I am not sure if mine was 'bone pain' so much as just general 24/7 aches & pains all over that were worst in my hands.  I started on Letrozole, went to Exemestane & am now on Arimidex!  So far, so good, but only time will tell if the pain becomes unbearable again.

Dawn Hershman is one researcher to follow - she is keen to find a fix for the drastic side effects of AIs - which result in MANY women stopping their meds, and not necessarily advising their Oncs.

As she says - we need solutions to the side effects, to encourage women to remain on the meds.
    https://www.breastcancer.org/community/podcasts/hormonal-tx-compliance-20190603

All the best with Aromasin xx
  • Johnann
    Johnann Member Posts: 29
    Options
    Hi
    thank you for the link. I will certainly take a look. Sending all the very best to you. Xx
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Thank you @Johnann, I'm glad I was able to help. It's always better when we don't feel so alone I reckon.

My bone pain is so bad this evening I've had to take a Targin, and it's only helped a bit. It reminds me of the bone pain I had in my last round of chemo it's that bad.

In a lifetime of sometimes fevered imagination I never thought I'd be living with chronic pain at 53. But hey, it's not why me, it's why not me?

Take care, K xox