4+ years on and work

Options
Johnann
Johnann Member Posts: 29
Hi, I’m interested to hear how others are coping with work years after treatment. I had chemo/radio and now on medication (aromasin). I have struggled attempting to work full time and will commence working a 4 day week soon. How do you cope? I look forward to hearing from you all x

Comments

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Sorry...I hadn't checked this group for sonetime. 

I initially started back on half days 5 days a week. (This was 8 weeks after chemo and still on herceptin)
    Then I was doing 4 days of 6 hours. I took mid week off. At lunch every day I started with a 10 minute walk to increase my fitness and then got up to 20.  I then moved up to 8 hoursx4 days a week. And eventually I just then went to 5 days. It took me 6 months. 
    I often still need to rest for a while when home. I have someone come in and do my bathroom and floors. My house is much less managed. 
    I keep trying to push my fitness up but need to be careful not to overdo it as I can crash with exhaustion. 
    I'm 4 tears on. I still hope I'll get my old fitness back one day but it does seem impossible to me presently. I too am on an AI. Originally letrizole. Now anastrazole which has less joint issues for me.