'Together Towards Tomorrow Adelaide Survivorship Conference 27 & 28 July 2019 registrations open

Comments

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Thanks - I'll mark it in the calendar, now.  When are the registrations going to be open @Rosie_BCNA?
  • Chorsell
    Chorsell Member Posts: 464
    Emotional well being during and after treatment
    reconstruction options
    whats on the government agenda for patients to manage costs (including Medicare schedule review)
    Ongoing monitoring - what’s best practice / managing scanxiety / how do I monitor my children’s health
    the future of genetic testing
  • Chrissieanne
    Chrissieanne Member Posts: 5
    where in Adelaide will it be
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Hello @Chrissieanne I will check with my colleague Kate on Monday and post details of the venue.
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Hello @Chrissieanne,
    The conference will be held at the Adelaide Convention Centre.  More information to follow once available.
  • Anne65
    Anne65 Member Posts: 425
    Very excited to read about this conference & hopefully i will be able to make it. Please let us know how we can register & what's involved in putting our name on the door!! Great to be able to share, learn & workshop with others! Some wonderful ideas listed so far but some things that I encountered that may like to be discussed:

-Genetic testing for BRCA gene & how it effects your treatment & decision on treatment going further. Also how this should be linked in with other members of your family. Once you are tested, do you need to be further tested once new testing evolves & new genes are discovered.
    -Further surgery to lessen secondary cancer sites/family history
    -Public v Private & out of pocket expenses, what can be claimed??
    -Breast care nurses. Should we be allocated one once diagnosed or do we have to find one ourselves like I did
    -Radiation treatment. Options available for skin care during treatment. Patients not able to get the best care due to cost of item.

Look forward to hearing more!

• Giovanna_BCNA
    Hello @Anne65 We will certainly keep you posted regarding the details.
  • BeauBailey
    BeauBailey Member Posts: 1
    Hi, How can I find out more information about the conference? I’m a new member so maybe I’m looking in the wrong places? I’m would like to attend but am from the country so would need to plan in advance.......
  • Shellshocked2018_
    Shellshocked2018_ Member Posts: 283
    Any idea of when registrations will be available?
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Hello @BeauBailey
    The conference will be held on 27 & 28 July at the Adelaide Convention Centre.  Further details regarding the program and registrations will be available shortly on our website and I will alert the online community.
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Hello everyone,
    Registrations are now open for the 'Together Towards Tomorrow Adelaide Conference' Register
    here
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    I'm in!  
  • Anne65
    Just read all about it in the email sent to me & it sounds amazing! What a wonderful event & congrats to the BCNA team for giving us such a great opportunity to go to a free event & learn, mingle & share all our experiences. Great work!! xx
  • Shellshocked2018_
    Shellshocked2018_ Member Posts: 283
    All registered, and booked accommodation for two nights with other ladies I know that are going.
  • Anne65
    @Shellshocked2018_ Sounds like the party house!! Wouldnt it be lovely if all the SA forum ladies could meet up. There would be quite a group of us & how wonderful it would be to finally meet all the friends we have made on this website. We will have to put a sign around our necks!!  xx