Chemotherapy and nail health - new information on BCNA's website

Options
Annie Gayed
Annie Gayed Member Posts: 204
edited October 2023 in Day to day
Hi everyone,
This is Annie from BCNA's Policy Team. I thought I would let you know that we now have some information up on our website about changes that women sometimes experience to their fingernails and toenails, when being treated with some chemotherapy drugs.

The new information on nail health during chemotherapy can be found below:

https://bcna.org.au/resource-hub/articles/nail-changes/#:~:text=During%20chemotherapy%2C%20you%20may%20experience,after%20chemotherapy%20treatment%20is%20finished

Our new webpage contains information on the types of chemotherapy drugs that may cause nail issues, a list of changes that women may experience, and practical things that women can do to help to prevent or manage nail changes.

We were prompted to put some information together after hearing from a woman at our Hobart forum earlier this year, as well as seeing a number posts on the online network about nail changes that some of you have experienced.

I want to say a big thank you to the women who helped us by reviewing this information and providing valuable feedback!

I hope you find the information helpful. If you have any feedback, please post a comment on this blog, or email me at policy@bcna.org.au.

Cheers,
Annie

Comments