Emma

Options
Emma Fulwood
Emma Fulwood Member Posts: 38
edited October 2010 in General discussion

Hi!

I'm part of the Kangaroo Island Cancer Support Group.

I was at the summit in Melbourne last year.

Here to help (and get help!) if needed.

Mxo

Comments

• Emma Fulwood
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I was diagnosed in 2004 at the age of 33 with early BC.
    i was part of the sentinal Node Biopsy Trial.
    For my 1st operation, I had a lumpectomy & my sentinal nodes removed, then as a wee bit must've got through, had almost all the remaining nodes from my arpmit taken out in a second op.
    I had Chemotherapy, Radiotherapy, Zolodex and Tamoxofen.
    November 4th 2009 was my last pill and treatment.
    That's me.
    Mxo
  • Emma Fulwood
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I was diagnosed in 2004 at the age of 33 with early BC.
    i was part of the sentinal Node Biopsy Trial.
    For my 1st operation, I had a lumpectomy & my sentinal nodes removed, then as a wee bit must've got through, had almost all the remaining nodes from my arpmit taken out in a second op.
    I had Chemotherapy, Radiotherapy, Zolodex and Tamoxofen.
    November 4th 2009 was my last pill and treatment.
    That's me.
    Mxo
  • Ann Barry
    Ann Barry Member Posts: 15
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Emma, it is good to hear from you, after all the emails I sent you after the summitt, but no seemed to get to you, I suppose you had changed your email address.  Things are pretty good with me, I had my 2yr checkup in Jue and alls well, so far.

I am off to the States on the 12th Sept for 4 weeks to visit with my aughter and take a 12 day tour from NYC, Boston, Quebec, down to Nigara Falls before I see Suzanne again in DC.  She will come and meet me in NYC and we will have 3days of adventure before the tour and then I et to DC on my birthday and will spend 16days before I come back home.

I have just checked my supply of "serepax" so that I can sleep during the 18hrs of flight, which I am dreading.

We have had heaps of rain in last week or so but beautiful day today,

Great news to hear you have taken your last pill, just keep well

Take care and please keep in touch

Ann

• Emma Fulwood
    edited March 2015
    Options

Dear Ann,

So good to hear form you too.  I'm finally on line at home now so I should be a more frequent user now.

I don't know what happened with all the emails, apparently, none of mine got through to you either. Now we'll be right!

Your trip sounds FANTASTIC. I'm so pleased for you. I know you'll have a great time, but got to say it anyway...HAVE A GREAT TIME AND LOTS OF FUN!! I cant wait to hear all about it when you're back...if you decide to come back..

Lots of luv,

Emma xo

• Ann Barry
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Emma, yes it is good to again make contact.  my email while I am away is

shiloh@**** and at home shiloh@exemail.com.au  I am still trying to work out how to use this site too, but it should be good when I'm more confortable with it.  it is a great site.  I don't understand "blogs" but will have a look at your later.  OK keep healhy 

Ann

• Emma Fulwood
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Kaz! I too have just recently become a BCNA Community Liaison too. 

At present, I do not know any Chinese women/girls, but will pass on any I meet.

Keep up the great work!

luv Mxo

• Ann Barry
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi again Emma, well I'm home again and wondering where the last month has gone, as usual the time just flew past to quick.  NYC was very hectic and abuzz, Time Square and Central Park sure made your eyes light up.  Quebec, Owatta and Niagara Falls were my favorite places.  I went on the "Maid of the Mist" boat trip and it was just amazing - the water was cold and the wind was blowing but I just couldn't stop laughing.  When you are under the falls the rain is so heavy - and you can hardly see all the other except for the huge blue shower jackets we have on.  I loved it.

While in DC with Suzanne I chilled out but still when she was not working we got on her scooter and just took off.  It was a bit scary with all the traffic.  I had lots and lots of massages as Suzanne is a thryprist (Oh my spelling) dont worry about it thou.  Now that I'm home I have a few things to do raising awareness for BC - I am not able to do as much as I did last year but had a few things organised before I went away so the next week or so are going to be busy.

Are you still on KI or have you moved.

When I left DC the weather was great, 75degrees and get home to soaked paddocks, as we have had so much rain over the last 2 months and today is cold and wet and windy, I hope the sun shines again soon.

Take care and we must keep in touch

Ann

• Emma Fulwood
    edited March 2015
    Options

Wow! What a trip.  You are a great writer! I felt like I was on a whirlwind tour with you.  So glad you had such a good time!

I'm still on KI. For October it is way tooooo coolllllddddd...bbbrrrr. It's raining and the wind is blowing trees over. Spring has not sprung. It tried to the other day...it was glorious. that night, it rained and the temp dropped about 15 degrees. (well, it felt like it). all we needed was hail!

Roll on summer I say!

Good luck with all your BC commitments. October is the busiest.

Great to hear from again, and yes, we will keep in touch!

Emmaxo

• Ann Barry
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Emma, just thought I'd touch base with you to see if you will be in Sydney in August for this summitt - I didn't see your name on the list for WA - let me know if you will be there - I'm looking for lady to share accom. on the 10th in studio appt.

Ann

• Emma Fulwood
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Anne! Yes, I will be at the Summit in Sydney, but am not sure if I am staying the extra night yet.... will let you know ASAP.

Looking forward to seeing you again!  Emmaxo

• Ann Barry
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Emma, good to touch base with you again.  I am trying to see if I can find someone to share studio appt. for the 10th. ($229.00) and share cab to the airport.  I have been on the motel site and they can have 2 single beds or a queen.  I tried to find out if lady from Toowoomba & Chermside West were staying over but without them being on this site it is hard to contact them.  I am still waiting to hear from the travel agent about my flight on the Wednesday as they had none listed from Brisbane.  Look forward to catching up with you in August.  I hope you have been keeping well - I'm up for my 5yrs in July so hopefully everything will be OK.

• Ann Barry
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Emma, good to touch base with you again.  I am trying to see if I can find someone to share studio appt. for the 10th. ($229.00) and share cab to the airport.  I have been on the motel site and they can have 2 single beds or a queen.  I tried to find out if lady from Toowoomba & Chermside West were staying over but without them being on this site it is hard to contact them.  I am still waiting to hear from the travel agent about my flight on the Wednesday as they had none listed from Brisbane.  Look forward to catching up with you in August.  I hope you have been keeping well - I'm up for my 5yrs in July so hopefully everything will be OK.

• Emma Fulwood
    edited March 2015
    Options

Sorry I haven't replied to you sooner.  I will not be staying over the night of the 10th.  Will you still stay even though the Mini Field event is cancelled?  I am really looking forward to catching up with you.  Congrats on your soon to be 5yrs.  I passed my 9th yr on 6 June just gone.  Sometimes it feels like so long ago, and sometimes it still feels like only a year ago.  Strange.

See you soon! lots a luv,

Emma xo

• Emma Fulwood
    edited March 2015
    Options

Those roo's can cause some damage.  I'm glad you're ok.  And only minor damage to your car. 

No probs with room sharing.  I didn't list anyone, but said I was happy to share... guess we'll soon see!

All the best with your op. And keep me posted on your hip surgery.  Is there anything I can do for you?

Mxo

• Ann Barry
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks Emma, just be glad to get my knee fixed and hope that relieves some of the pain.  See you at the Summitt - I guess you will also be flying in on Wednesday pm.

Ann