Tnbc checkup

Nikkilee
Nikkilee Member Posts: 35
Hi all,
firstly happy new year ...
so long story short I was diagnosed tnbc 2/1/18 lumpectomy 10/1/18 clear margins clear lymph node 3mths AC and 3mths paclitaxel and 4wks radiation so finally finished everything end of September , I now have my 1st year checkup with my surgeon in Gateshead , sooooo nervous but was wandering if anyone can help calm my nerves at least a little ....
will I have scans , mammogram ultrasound blood tests etc at this appointment ? Any quidence would be much appreciated have not slept the last few nights due to stressing about it and sadly have been stress eating the last month lol..... so new year resolution eat healthier , more excersise and more positive thoughts ...
xoxox

Comments

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    Hi!
    They call it Scanxiety.
    Something that sends shivers through the body and mind. 
    Did they give you paperwork to have any tests done in preparation for the appointment.  For me it is always a mammogram
    Hopefully all is well

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Congratulations on getting through a tough year!
    I don't know if it'll be the same for you. I had a 3D mammogram plus ultrasound when they couldn't be sure they were seeing clearly.
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    I had a bilateral so I have a chest wall u/sound but only if they are concerned about something ... otherwise not tests ... I am  now 6yrs out and am released from visits to Onco 
  • smokie08
    smokie08 Member Posts: 157
    Hi @Nikkilee I am also TNBC my first follow up appointment was a mammogram  then an MRI  as they saw something that they wanted to check. I saw the surgeon every 3 months last year  but in December when I went it changed to 6 months i will have mammogram n ultrasound in June then MRI in November  I don't see the oncologist anymore  just surgeon. Every check up is scary  but it's good to know they are keeping an eye on you. Take care  🤗💗
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    @Nikkilee My appt for late Feb (just after first anniversary of my mastectomy) will be for 3D mammogram and ultrasound on right breast only. There's nothing left of left breast except chest wall. You might get a letter, which should include what will be done. Try to keep yourself busy in the meantime.  :)
  • Nikkilee
    Nikkilee Member Posts: 35
    Thankyou ,
    my nerves have eased a little , and will try to keep myself busy to not think about the appointment and to keep away from the fridge and pantry ...lol