Hi all

Options
brissie lyn
brissie lyn Member Posts: 87
edited September 2011 in General discussion

I just created an event in this group blog!  Lyn and I both have facilitator access now.

Still can't figure out how to edit the profile...

Brissie lyn xx

Comments

• Lyn11
    Lyn11 Member Posts: 272
    edited March 2015
    Options

good one! we need a photo of all of us now. Will this come up as a reminder every fortnight?

• brissie lyn
    edited March 2015
    Options

I think the event is a one off?

How about the broadcast , eh?  It auto sent an email to all members! an excellent reminder.  Would you like to try that next time?

See you Wed am,

Lynda

• brissie lyn
    edited March 2015
    Options

I think the event is a one off?

How about the broadcast , eh?  It auto sent an email to all members! an excellent reminder.  Would you like to try that next time?

See you Wed am,

Lynda

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey Lyn -- look up the top of your group homepage (make sure you're logged in) and you'll see an edit tab.  Click on that then scroll down the  page and you'll see the fields that hold the text that shows on your profile page (about us, our story, etc.).

Let me know if you can't see it.

~Di

• Di_BCNA
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey Lyn -- look up the top of your group homepage (make sure you're logged in) and you'll see an edit tab.  Click on that then scroll down the  page and you'll see the fields that hold the text that shows on your profile page (about us, our story, etc.).

~Di

• Lyn11
    Lyn11 Member Posts: 272
    edited March 2015
    Options

I tried to see if I could put our meetings on events but couldn't see how. Still no broadcast button that I can see . Where exactly is it?

• Di_BCNA
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Lyn -- the broadcast tab is  on your group homepage  (so go to the group homepage, and you should see a 'broadcast' tab with the other edit tabs right underneath your group name in the middle of the page).  When you click on that, it should open up a message box where you put in your message subject and body, then hit 'send message'.  You don't need to put in any recipients, it automatically goes to all group members.

• Di_BCNA
    edited March 2015
    Options

You should see an edit tab up the top of your Group homepage where the other tabs are (we may need to talk by email if you can't see that so we can work out why).

The event functionality is fairly basic right now -- we wanted to see what people needed before we went too far with it -- so you can't put in recurring events at the moment.  There's a couple of ways you can set it up -- put up two different events and repeat those every week, or put one event up that is fairly general and has an end date later in the year, and then put the details of when you get together into the text field (that way probably won't work so well).

Sorry, but there isn't a notification system on events, they appear on your Group homepage (scroll down to the bottom) and they also appear on the Network homepage under the 'events' tab.   So, yes -- sending a broadcast notification is the best way to remind your group members if you want to do that.

Let me know if you still can't see the edit tab and we'll work out what's going on.

~Di