cs

Options
cs
cs Member Posts: 9
edited August 2011 in General discussion

Hello, my name is Cheryl.   I am 62.    Diagnosed early Aug, 2011.   Had Lumpectomy (L breast) on 17/8.    No Lymph node involvement which is good, and surgical margin is clear.   Unfortunately it is Grade 3.

Am recovering pretty well from op, and am now waiting patiently for the next step, which is a visit to Oncologist and Chemo and Radiation.   Guess I'll get the info soon.

It is encouraging to read everyone else's stories,  but it is a lot ot digest in a short time.

Comments

• cs
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks Jo for your reply of support.    Your outcome sounds OK,   It's what I was initially hoping for, but the grade 3 made the difference, apparently.    It's the pits isn't it.    I am trying hard to stay strong and focused on getting this all behind me.   I have great family support -  12 grandchildren, who are all gorgeous.    I belong to a Lawn Bowls Club and they are all very supporting.   In fact there are two other ladies going through similar -  but I lucked out - only one having Chemo.

Anyway, I'm not going to let it get to me -  got too much to do yet.

Best wishes to you.    Cheryl.

• Cheryl D
    Cheryl D Member Posts: 125
    edited March 2015
    Options

I to have grade 3 but that just means its agression an d not the stage of cancer so dont fret too much about numbers or you will go bonkers, nodes were clear on me also so that is a bonus ( if you can hve one ) to look at. Started chemo last month and just had 2nd dose, not pretty at all but hey there is worse things out there. Hope all goes well for you and yours, cheers, Cheryl.

• cs
    edited March 2015
    Options

It is nice to read everyone's stories.   Gives me a lot more confidence to tackle this "thing".

How long did you have between operation and first Chemo.

Good luck to you -  you are similar to me by sound of it.

Cheryl.