Bi lateral mast and recon going home tomorrow !

Shorelle
Shorelle Member Posts: 80
What a week of being scared and in pain but its done now. Breast tissue all removed from both breasts just giving me now that bit more protection. 
Its been a tough week. Surgery last Friday, down and out sat and sun snd a slow recovery mon, tue and today up and about quite freely. Tomorrow home to my 3 beautiful girls. No regrets about having the breasts off and hoping now I can try and think a bit more on the brighter side. Im hlad the bilateral mastectomy only has to happen the once and it hasnt been an easy week but we do what we do right. 
Lets hope that's my last drastic BC step I have to take and apart from blowing my boobies up and 1 more small op for implants, regular exercise and diet changes fingers and toes crossed for a recovery.

Comments

• MKitty68
    MKitty68 Member Posts: 261
    Good to hear all went well. Take it easy with recovery & take care. 
    Cat
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Hi @Shorelle
    I had my bilateral on the friday sent home on the monday ...... was a crazy week at home.... 
    I am now 5 years since then and I am Cancer free. 
    take it one day at a time listen and ask questions 
    gentle hugs 
    SoliderCrab
  • Shorelle
    Wow @SoldierCrab that was speedy to go home.  Did you have reconstruction too?  Im going to be cancer free in 5 years too.
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Well done @Shorelle! Keep up the good work. Marg xxx
  • SoldierCrab
    @Shorelle they gave me extra time at the Breast Cancer institute in Westmead NSW they normally do surgery one day send you home the next day... but due to having boys with autism they gave me the weekend to recoup first.... NO reconstruction I have multiple allergies and I dont want recon. 
    SoldierCrab
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    I had my surgery on a Monday and discharged Thursday and they were a bit snaky I was there that long despute the fact I vomited for 3 days and hurt my back trying to get out of bed not oulling pushibg etc.  And I had my expanders 3/4 expanded at time with a matrix sling sewn in. I thought I was a woos as they kept telling me I'd be in 2 days max. I really think they forgot it was both with node biopsy and reconstruction. I now know I was a lot tougher than I thought. I hobbled out of hospital in back spasm so I could get home to my husband who nurtured me back at the cancer lodge. So much better there. 

I truly hope you aren't as constipated as I was. One word MOVICHOL if you are.

Rest and recover. Kath x
  • mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,326
    I am glad your surgery went well. Take it easy as you recover. 
    Paula xxx
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Hey @Shorelle, Congratulations on having your BC removed!! Yayyyyyyyyyyy!!!! Just take it nice and easy and enjoy being home. Xx Cath
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    @Shorelle - well you are on your way now to recovery!  Be kind to yourself!  Hopefully constipation won't be a problem but if it is as Kath said Movicol.  Take care x
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Rest up lovey and delegate all those shitty jobs you normallly don’t want to do lol
  • primek
    Hoping you are now relaxing at home.  :)
  • Shorelle
    @primek Im still here. Hopefully tomorrow! They keep me here until drains come out. Xxx
  • primek
    edited November 2017
    Oh bugger. Rest up. I went home with 2 still in. 
  • SoldierCrab
    Like PrimeK I went home with 4 drains in still.... rest up hopefully they will be out soon.. 

• June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,818
    Very happy to hear your news - now you can go home and look after yourself.  I went home with one drain which kept filling one day then empty the next, then full again so they stayed with me !  Glad they are sending you home drain-free.