A totally mind-blowing experience!!!

Options
ShirlO
ShirlO Member Posts: 350
edited August 2011 in General discussion

Hi there everyone.... I've just got off the plane after spending three great days with over 200 wonderful women.  Yes I'm talking about the BCNA National Summit.

It was wonderful to renew old friendships (the "Class of August 2010" had ten members there), connect with new friends (put faces to the names of "blog buddies") and make more con tacts.

Everything went off so well, and congratulations to all involved, the co-ordinators, the wonderful staff at the St Kilda Novatel, and of course the beautiful BCNA girls.

It was truly an emotional few days filled with smiles, tears and love. Our very special guest speakers shared their knowledge with us, survivors from all walks of life let us into their worlds as they relived their journeys and the workshops we attended will go a long way to help us spread the support BCNA gives to all Australians affected by Breast Cancer.

It wasn't all work though, we were actually forced to go out and party  .... it was a tough ask, but we managed !!! 

Our party night was tinged with sadness as we farewelled the "Beaconess" - the Lovely Lyn.  This amazing woman means so much to so many.  The tributes that flowed through the room on the night showed how loved and respected she is.

On a personal note, listening to Lyn and Raelene at a forum in Mildura lifted me out of depression and helped me realise that I was in charge of my own destiny and for this I will always be grateful.

Soooooo, when and where is the next summit ..... I'll start packing now!!!

Cheers .... Shirl xx

Comments

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

hi shirl, unfortunately i bought a 'lurgy' back with me. feeling fairly ordinary but have an appointment tomorrow for a body massage so that might help. took our old dog for a short walk this arvo to keep my legs working. i am in withdrawal of my pink sisters

• ShirlO
    ShirlO Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi there, i'm feeling pretty ordinary too ... a few of us went into town last night and saw "Love Never Dies" (follow=up toPhantom of th Opera) at the Regent Theatre.  Got back about 11 and I wasn't quite game to settle into bed as the radio/alarm clock was a bit unreliable.  Went to airport early (5.30am) and am just about ready to hit the hay now (10.30pm).  back to ordinary life tomorrow, meals-on-wheels deliveries then their AGM.  Not accepting any positions, just getting the numbers up which helps with financial aid etc.

I looked for you on f/book but couldn't find you ... you haven't used one of your alias names have you .... you know how it is, change the name to protect the innocent ???? Lol xox

Nic and Lee wangled their way into the auction  on "The Block" TV show.  The auction company was going to donate $25,000 to BCNA if one of the houses went over the reserve.  It didnt, but they still gave the money.  I saw them on the show tonight.

I'm like you, going through withdrawals too.  Hopefully there will be another one happning again in the not too distant future .. will definately go again.

You take it easy and look after yourself ....

Luv .. Shirl xoxo

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey Shirl!  Really enjoyed catching up with you again at the Summit -- make sure you get some rest and catch up on that sleep you lost! :)

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey Leonie -- I'm just going to but in to Shirl's post to say hi to you, too, as we hardly had time to even catch up at the Summit.   Take it easy and hope you're over that lurgy soon -- it probably won't surprise you to hear it's a beautiful fine and sunny day here today (of course, after everyone goes home! :).

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

hi girls just picked out a new apple laptop to be collected when all my data from the old one is downloaded. it is murder doing this from my t-hub. i was up waiting to tape a show last night and i saw those two devils (kelly and lee) on the block. wow! they kept tue 'love' going didn't they? i can't wait to be 'computer normal' again soon (not able to open attachments etc from this) but i must be happy for small mercies. heh i have eyelahes!my frnd needed some practice before she opens her business (eyelash extensions) i was her biggest challenge as my 'few' were hard to find!!!!!makes a difference though. will be more productive online in a couple of days- until then xleonie