Last oncologist visit

Options
CarmelS
CarmelS Member Posts: 268
I'm done !!! All boxes ticked, & wished a good life.
I was diagnosed on May 31st 2011. Yesterday I had my final appointment with the Medical Oncologist. She agreed with my decision to stop Letrozole, we talked about it last year & I actually stopped 3 months ago because I should have seen her in July & that would give me time to see if I had any decrease in pain .....I haven't . She did say that in my circumstances with pathology  & results that there was very little benefit shown of continuing beyond the five years. So that's one less tablet to worry about.
She is going to follow up with genetics that they don't want to see me either because it was so long ago that my sister was tested & she passed away a few months ago, & genetics have changed a few things since then.
So now if I could just have a breast that looks like a breast I really would be able to get on with It all. Last Friday I had some  lipofilling done with the plastic surgeon. Today I am going back to see how they think they've done. 
One more check up with Radiation oncologist in December & then I believe I'm on my own .......will be happy to not set foot in that department ever again.
I think I can see the light at the end of the tunnel........
Have a great day everyone
Carmel

Comments

• onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Options
    That's such awesome news I bloody hate going to my oncol appointments too it has a certain smell to it and I can't stand it anymore and I finished treatment nearly 12 months ago! Wishing you a happy healthy symptom and cancer free life lovey filled with happiness laughter and the odd Chardonnay!,. All the very best to you and your family. . Here's cheers to you Carmel.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Woo hoo!  Great news!
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    Options
    Carmel, that's such fantastic news! Congratulations! I look forward to that day too! It would be an awesome feeling. x M
  • lgray3911
    lgray3911 Member Posts: 207
    Options
    Wooooohhhhhhooooo!!! 
  • Molly001
    Molly001 Member Posts: 419
    Options
    Congratulations. You've achieved what most of us early bc gals are striving for! Sharing that you're getting to the light at the end of your tunnel helps our tunnel lights shine that bit brighter!
  • nonkyboy
    nonkyboy Member Posts: 188
    edited October 2017
    Options

Congratulations
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,373
    Options
    Well done, enjoy!
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Congratulations on end if treatment. Sad that it hasn't helped your pain. X
  • LITHGOW1950
    LITHGOW1950 Member Posts: 314
    Options
    Well done.  Love reading such lovely news. 
  • adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    Options
    Great achievement love and hugs.xx
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
    Yayyyyyyyyy @CarmelS Congratulations!!!!
    fireworks animated gif picture
    How are you celebrating???? That is huge. Xx Cath
  • CarmelS
    CarmelS Member Posts: 268
    Options
    Just on the way home from a lovely couple of days in Sydney with my SIL to watch our neice performing in Pirates of Penzance. We spent a very relaxing day at Bondi with neice & she performed beautifully last night. We've eaten very well .....but walked miles too.
    Very happy.
    Carmel