I want to share something beautiful

Options
fairydust
fairydust Member Posts: 290
Recently I went to a beautiful hotel. This is not a normal occurrence.I had access to the members lounge and there my husband and I met an elderly gentleman. His wife had passed from cancer five years ago.
The gentlemen came to stay in the hotel. He told me he liked to get out of the house. He also told me they frequently stayed in the hotel when she was alive. 
He liked the staff as they remembered him and his wife.  The gentleman had brought a book and sat on his own with canapes and wine. 
He was not seeking company just observing the beautiful city view. He was jovial and friendly. In the course of conversation I mentioned I had cancer.
His response was wonderful. He said the advances in treatment have come a long and I would be fine. Look at all the wonderful research that is going on. 
What a lovely outlook on life. 

Comments

• Hopes_and_Dreams
    Hopes_and_Dreams Member Posts: 760
    Options
    What a beautiful soul this gentleman was @fairydust.  He has seen first hand how hard it was for his wife to have breast cancer and wanted to give a stranger some positive and kind words.  It is a little blessing when good people like this pass through our lives - just a short space of time but his words last so much longer.  Jane xx
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Options
    See not everyone is an insensitive arsehole!! What a lovely bloke. Margie:)
  • AineG
    AineG Member Posts: 53
    Options
    Thanks for sharing.  Lovely image :smile:

• melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,507
    Options
    Ohhhh isn't that beautiful!! what a gorgeous man!! and how lovely that he found comfort and joy in still going there where he could still enjoy his wine, canapes and view and memories of her being there too. xo