New here :)

Options
JennyS
JennyS Member Posts: 18
edited July 2011 in General discussion

Hi everyone,

My name is Jenny, i'm 32 and i just joined this site and group so thought i'd introduce myself :) I was diagnosed with grade 3 breast cancer on the 21st June 2011 and had a mastectomy of my left breast the day after i was diagnosed. Had my 1st chemo 2.5 weeks ago and next one this Wednesday. Have been feeling fine other than a little tired the last couple of days, but think that could be due to being 20 weeks pregnant also. I have a long road ahead of me as my cancer was HER2 positive and the drug i need for that i cant have while pregnant. Hope you are all having a happy day :) Looking forward to getting to chat and know you all better.

Comments

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

Wow.  How amazing are you.  My first thought on seeing your profile pic was how awful bc is to make someone like you go through the journey.  Now I read that you are pregnant as well.  You look like a beautiful little family who does not deserve this.  I suppose none of us deserve this.  What can I say - keep being so positive and loving your little ones and of course your hubby.  I hope everything goes well for you on this journey.  Best wishes XLeonie

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Jenny and welcome!   As Leonie said, love your profile pic. :)

You look like you've figured out the blog thing okay, but just shout if you need a hand finding your way around the site.  If you haven't already found the Help page, it's a good place to start for general information. Otherwise, feel free to jump in anywhere you see something that interests you.

~Di

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Jenny and welcome!   As Leonie said, love your profile pic. :)

You look like you've figured out the blog thing okay, but just shout if you need a hand finding your way around the site.  If you haven't already found the Help page, it's a good place to start for general information. Otherwise, feel free to jump in anywhere you see something that interests you.

~Di

• Renata
    Renata Member Posts: 105
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Jenny,

Welcome. What an adorable family you have. Like you I am in my 30s and was diagnosed with bc. My heart goes out to you for being pregnant at the same time. I have heard quite a few stories of women in their 30s being pregnant and discovering they have bc, wonder if there is something in that. Good luck with your treatment and I admire you for it is tiring enough to go through it all let alone with a young family and being pregnant.

Renata xox

• Renata
    Renata Member Posts: 105
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Jenny,

Welcome. What an adorable family you have. Like you I am in my 30s and was diagnosed with bc. My heart goes out to you for being pregnant at the same time. I have heard quite a few stories of women in their 30s being pregnant and discovering they have bc, wonder if there is something in that. Good luck with your treatment and I admire you for it is tiring enough to go through it all let alone with a young family and being pregnant.

Renata xox

• louiseg
    louiseg Member Posts: 412
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Jenny and welcome.  It sounds like you have a bit of a tough road ahead but keep up that wonderful attitude and you will get through it.  It can't be easy being pregnant and having to go through chemo....I was lucky enough to have finished having my kids before I got it (twice).

Give yourself time for you and don't feel guilty if you need a nanna nap while you are having chemo!

Take care,

Louise x

• louiseg
    louiseg Member Posts: 412
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Jenny and welcome.  It sounds like you have a bit of a tough road ahead but keep up that wonderful attitude and you will get through it.  It can't be easy being pregnant and having to go through chemo....I was lucky enough to have finished having my kids before I got it (twice).

Give yourself time for you and don't feel guilty if you need a nanna nap while you are having chemo!

Take care,

Louise x