Sexual Wellbeing After Breast cancer (SWAB) study

Options
nikkid
nikkid Member Posts: 1,766
i everyone, Just in case you're in Melbourne and interested in this study - I've heard about this a couple of times on the radio. "The aim of this study is to assess the effectiveness of the hormone testosterone used intravaginally on the symptoms of vaginal dryness, itch or pain affecting sexual wellbeing in women with breast cancer on aromatase inhibitor (AI) therapy. Current guidelines recommend that women with hormone receptor positive breast cancer who are postmenopausal at diagnosis are treated with an AI either initially or after 2 to 3 years of tamoxifen, for at least 5 years." 

You can find out more details on their website: http://www.med.monash.edu.au/sphpm/womenshealth/current-research/swab-study.html?_ga=1.196887276.1126249470.1487720646

Nikki x

Comments

• Ann-Marie
    Ann-Marie Member Posts: 1,142
    Options
    @nikkid Thank you for sharing this! We have a Clinical trials page on our website and from time to time The Beacon magazine will have information on Clinical trails as well.
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Very interesting  on the trial
  • Mighty Mouse
    Mighty Mouse Member Posts: 8
    Options
    Interesting,I am 10yrs out of my treatment and participated in a trail using both triptoterlin(?) which I understood to be a testosterone derivative and tamoxifen for approximately 4 years until I had to have a total hysterectomy after developing polyps.