Does anyone know if I can use a semi permanent hair rinse on herceptin and perjeta?

Options
Sam09
Sam09 Member Posts: 149
Hi ladies
Just wondering I had one infusion of taxol 6 weeks ago and three weeks ago herceptin and perjeta which was my third of this infusion. After the taxol three weeks later whoa it was black long hair all over the house not the cat this time me!!!!!  However now I still have my hair just thinner which is ok as I have very thick hair.  I spend half my month after treatments at our beachhouse and wear a sun visor and I have noticed my hair is quite bleached from the sun so I would like to pop a casting semi in it that washs out after 28  washes to give it some shine again and cover the gold spots from the sun. I did have for a couple of weeks have a tender scalp however it is all good now.... Any one know will I be right to do so?????

Comments

• melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,507
    Options
    Hi Sam,

I can't really answer that question as i did 4 FEC and 8 Taxol but lost all my hair through Chemo..only at 5 months post did I color it. A sore scalp was the beginning of my losing my hair. Are you doing scalp cooling? or does it just thin on Taxol? did you do any other chemo prior to Taxol? Sorry I can't be of help, as whilst through treatment Id be inclined to not do alot with it in case you lose more. Im sure others will jump in. All the best. Melinda xo
  • Sam09
    Sam09 Member Posts: 149
    Options
    Hi Melinda
                  Thank you for your post. I havent done any sort of scalp cooling, I did consider it however after speaking to a couple of ladies who did and suffered horrendous headaches I decided not too! I didn't do any chemo prior to the taxol infusion. I hope I get to keep my hair although my husband did point out last night it was even on the roof of the shower mmmmm considering I am only 150 cm tall I have no idea how it got there hehe.. I kind of feel
    like keeping my hair is a safehouse for me as although those close to me know I have this disease most don't and whilst I have my hair I treasure this..
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,507
    Options
    Oh ok i got you. Well i guess its possible that your hair may just thin on taxol and not lose it. But id be careful with coloring or touching it whilst on taxol. Hoping some others can jump in with some experience.  X 
  • Melsie97
    Melsie97 Member Posts: 74
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I can't be much help I'm sorry. I just hadn't 7th dose of Taxol but my hair is slowly growing back after Losing my hair on AC prior. I'm on Herceptin every 3 weeks but I'm pretty sure this doesn't cause hair loss. Not sure about Perjeta. Mel xx
  • Glemmis
    Glemmis Member Posts: 343
    Options
    I  had 4 AC & had No 10 Taxol today. I lost it all on AC & have a peachy fuzz now. One of the ladies I am having chemo with had her No 11 Taxol today & she hasn't lost all her hair but enough to wear a wig. I was quite surprised. She is also on Herceptin but this generally doesn't cause hair loss.