Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Scared

Options
Hi everyone I have been on falodex for one year my scan just showed a small on rib but stable my ca15/is going up still so my oncolist just sent for brain liver lung scans Friday iam soo scared really bab anxierty she isn't worried but I just have a feeling she seems to think it will stay contained in bone  if anyone can help it would be greatly needed I am depressed 

Comments

• brightspace
    brightspace Member Posts: 445
    Options
    Hi sammy all the best for coming week..?yes we are aĺl continually anxious over our scans  some apps for the anxiety i have do help...check out  Smiling mind and Relax life ...great for metime!
  • sammy1970
    sammy1970 Member Posts: 28
    Options
    Thanks brightspace I will it out
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,506
    Options
    Hi Sammy, Im so sorry to hear of whats happening for you right now. I can only imagine how incredibly daunting and frightening the whole thing is. So no words can take that away, but I wanted you to know I am thinking of you and sending a big hug!!! One step, one breath at a time as you go. Do you have a Counsellor that you speak to? or a Breast Care Nurse?? somebody?? I have found in the past this can help sometimes too. By all means vent away, certainly so many of us here supporting any way we possibly can! Melinda xo
  • rowdy
    rowdy Member Posts: 1,165
    Options
    Hi Sammy the waiting is always hard, one day at a time. We are here for you
  • adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    Options
    Its only natural to be scared l think we always set ourelves up in our minds for the worse. Im 4/5 years post and next week lm having my yearly mammo and my brain is in overload again. Its part of our deal l suppose. I hope all is good for you . Adean
  • Jess_BCNA
    Jess_BCNA Member Posts: 475
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hi there Sammy, I just wanted to jump in to say hello and to let you know that the Online Network is here to support you. Sometimes it can also be beneficial to talk to someone to get that little bit of additional support when your going through a tough time, the Cancer Council offer a very good over the phone service which is available to yourself and your friends and family. The number is 13 11 20. If you need any help on the network, or finding additional support, please just let me know.   
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Options
    No one likes scans especially me. I mean its stressful enough just getting through the scan but then you have to wait on the results so theres no immediate reward and you just go home. I reckon they would give us a lollypop or a beer or something lol. The further scans is what they call staging. The doctors have a good look at the whole of your body to make sure they haven't missed anything else. From there they have an online conference between each other and plan the best course of treatment. There is also a quality of life aspect as who the heck wants to be sick as a dog from chemo forever. Don't worry, just have whatever treatment is advised and muddle through. My dads been fighting bone cancer for quite a while but I don't think its managed to get itself in to any vital organs. Think of chemo like snipping a hedge so it doesn't go crazy and turn in to a tree. It just maintenance right? Focus on your life and your loved ones.
  • brightspace
    brightspace Member Posts: 445
    Options
    Fab news enjoy the days with  family!
  • Hopes_and_Dreams
    Hopes_and_Dreams Member Posts: 760
    Options
    Wonderful news Sam! Jane x

• melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,506
    Options
    Fantastic Sam!!!! x Melinda