It's Nearly Xmas

Options
Chorsell
Chorsell Member Posts: 464
Hi everyone

Well in the lead up to Xmas it is often time for reflection and review of the past year.

2016 has been a good year for me with many milestones....
  • 2 years since diagnosis
  • No surgery all year
  • Referred to GP for annual check ups
  • New job
  • Long overdue holiday - to celebrate I survived
This Xmas we are focusing less on material gifts and more on spending quality time with those who are important to us.

Wishing you all a happy festive season and the opportunity to spend time with those you care about...

Sending big hugs to all

Chris
xx

Comments

• socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
    Merry Xmas and Happy New Year Chris. Hoping 2017 out does 2016 for being wonderful. 
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Sounds like you have your Chrissie pressie already. May 2017 continue to be great.
  • Mira
    Mira Member Posts: 678
    Options
    Merry Christmas Chris.  Its been a huge year for me too.  I bought a townhouse, moved out of my parents, and got a casual job (for the first time in 20 years).
  • Ann-Marie
    Ann-Marie Member Posts: 1,142
    Options
    Thank you Chris for everything this year. You have been a wonderful part of the online network and in particular to the members needing support around breast reconstruction. What a great list of milestones you have. Spending time with those important to us is high on the list for me too. Wishing you and your family a very merry Christmas xx
  • rowdy
    rowdy Member Posts: 1,165
    Options
    Chris you are so right, this year I decided that I would not work over the Christmas break as last year I was not as well as I thought I was. This year will be one of the first i will not see my daughter( she lives overseas) she will be here in January to celebrate her brothers wedding. I wish I could say i haven't had any surgery this year.
    I'm determined 2017 is going to be better, life keeps sending curve balls my way. I'm still here and putting one foot in front of the other.
    I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year xx
  • Deanne
    Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Sounds like you are in a good place in your life again, Chris. I think that is one thing I have learnt out of what I went through. Appreciate the positives. I used to be so busy that I forgot to stop and smell the roses! We must be on the same wavelength about Christmas this year. I have not felt so relaxed about Christmas since I was young and carefree, ha ha! Just looking forward to being together with all the family and having fun. Wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas and a happy and healthy 2017! xxx
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Hi Chris - Reflection and review since diagnosis makes me realise that time flies and my aches and pains were not unique, although when I was in the thick of it I did think I wouldn't wish this on anyone; eventually we do get through!

Here's to a better 2017 for us and some downtime over Christmas and New Year with those that mean so much to us personally!

Pleased to read that 2016 was good

Take care from Christine xx
  • ccasper
    ccasper Dragonfly Posts: 190
    Options
    2016 sounds amazing for you! I wish I could say the same but I am hoping 2017 brings much more happiness. Merry Christmas x
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,507
    Options
    I agree!! I too am alone this Christmas Eve but had a lovely day to myself, Im very relaxed this year and looking forward to tomorrow. This time last year I was only a week finished chemo and still incredibly ill. So I value how I feel this year! Merry Christmas! xo