Deployed and Postings

PinkGilly
PinkGilly Member Posts: 31
edited June 2011 in General discussion

Three years since diagnosis, husband deployed for the second time and now facing possibility of a new posting. Should I consider relevant medical facilities? I have been so well looked after in Canberra I am nervous about moving. What are the medical facilities for BC like around the country especially check ups? Still seeing oncologist for tamoxifen and regular mammograms. I know the posting is not up to me but would be good to know what to expect wherever we end up.

Comments

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015

Hello and welcome.  I live in rural central queensland.  I am well looked after.  My medical oncologist comes in monthly from Brisbane and I have the most amazing surgeon who won't let me go.  He wants to keep being my primary service provider.  It will just be a matter of checking out prior to your arrival at your new "home".  Let us know online and I'm sure there will be someone with information for you. XLeonie

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015

Hello and welcome.  I live in rural central queensland.  I am well looked after.  My medical oncologist comes in monthly from Brisbane and I have the most amazing surgeon who won't let me go.  He wants to keep being my primary service provider.  It will just be a matter of checking out prior to your arrival at your new "home".  Let us know online and I'm sure there will be someone with information for you. XLeonie

• serenity11
    serenity11 Member Posts: 143
    edited March 2015

Obviously by now you may be posted. I am in Brisbane, Amberley is my spouses posting. A myriad of support in the city and the surrounding satelite cities.  My diagnosis was in April, I am under the care of the Mater Breast Care clinic and Mater HOCA. 

Here if you need anything.

Take care

• serenity11
    serenity11 Member Posts: 143
    edited March 2015

Obviously by now you may be posted. I am in Brisbane, Amberley is my spouses posting. A myriad of support in the city and the surrounding satelite cities.  My diagnosis was in April, I am under the care of the Mater Breast Care clinic and Mater HOCA. 

Here if you need anything.

Take care

• Kimfree
    Kimfree Dragonfly Posts: 10
    edited March 2015

I am very late too but I my husband is at Williamtown and we live at Nelson Bay, if you are around here.   I access services both in Newcastle and Sydney.