Profile: My Posts, My Groups, My Contacts

Options
Cosette
Cosette Member Posts: 637
edited February 2016 in General discussion

A common complaint around here is that it's hard to find your previous posts. From your profile, you can find your posts (blogs) and a list of groups, but not posts to groups or any comments.

I'd like to get a better understanding of how you use this feature. Do you go here to find your posts (blogs)? To find your groups? To see your contacts? Do you use this on other people's profiles to find their posts (blogs) and to see which groups they belong to and who their contacts are?

Comments

• Jane221
    Jane221 Member Posts: 1,195
    edited February 2016
    Options

Hi Cosette, I do use this feature from time to time to view previous posts, but it is frustrating that I can't access my breast reconstruction & other private group posts. I understand that this is to prevent others not in those groups seeing the private group posts but there must be a way to include access for me to see my posts in those groups?

Sometimes I use this feature to go to my groups but more often I use the My Feed and My Messages features. 

Hope this helps. Jane 

• Cosette
    edited February 2016
    Options

Totally agree, Jane. My Posts only gives you access to your blog posts, not comments and not Group posts or comments. My Groups is a list of the groups you belong to. We've been thinking about how to improve this.

• adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    edited February 2016
    Options

Hi I only use this to get to my groups , as I find if I go to try to find my groups any other way it's just to hard, I used to use it for my contacts but I now find if I do try to contact anyone new they do not respond.

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    edited February 2016
    Options

Hi Cosette

I hardly use this feature.  Early on I used to access my groups via this bar but as a message comes through to say there is a new entry in a group I don't use it. Having said that I have noticed there are comments against your 10 February posts in this group and I didn't receive notification that comments had been made?  Is this group setting different to the other group settings?

Cheers

Christine

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    edited February 2016
    Options

It's alright it must be chemo brain of course I haven't been notified of a comment as I hadn't put up a comment myself at that stage...............

• Cosette
    edited February 2016
    Options

Once you comment, you should receive a notification in your Messages if people comment after you. Currently there's no way to receive notifications for conversations you haven't commented on (in other communities, this feature may be callled following, subscribing, or bookmarking a conversation).