Welcome to the Community Feedback Group

Options
Cosette
Cosette Member Posts: 637
edited January 2016 in General discussion

Hi everyone. Welcome to the Community Feedback Group. We invited you to join this group because you're among our top contributors. We know you care about this community and we value your input. We want to continue making the Online Network great and we want you to be part of that process.

We'll have more specific conversations later on, but for now, I'd like to open the floor to get your general sense of the Online Network. What do you like about it? What works for you? What needs improving? What features would you like to see? Are you a part of any other community and see something there that you wish we had here?

To get the ball rolling, I'd like to see a change to the Post button, which I think is confusing for some members. Perhaps it should be moved down a bit and the label should read 'post an update' with the bottom Post button changed to 'Submit'.

Over to you!

Comments

• Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    edited January 2016
    Options

Yes I have often done a reply post and forgotten to scroll down to the post button. I just push enter instead on the keyboard and it disappears into cyberspace never to return. I usually don't bother replying after that.

An edit button to posts would be good as with our foggy brains there are some doozy spelling mistakes being added and we can't edit and retype the correct spelling after its posted.

Some post some really great replies which I can totally relate to but there's no like button to show I read and liked it. I am often too lazy to actually post a reply.

Just ignore me, this forums pretty good really and very active. Glad to have it available.

• Jane221
    Jane221 Member Posts: 1,195
    edited January 2016
    Options

Hi Cosette and welcome!

I'd agree with Brenda, particularly about the editing feature, and although I sometimes use the Recommend button as a pseudo Like button, it might be good to have a separate one.

The main complaint I hear from others is the slowness of the site to load but I'm not sure what can be done about that.

Also, I'm not sure how many people use the main Topic list to search for previous blogs on particular issues and have often wondered if this feature is being under-utilized.

With regard to our Messages, I sometimes have trouble deleting bulk numbers of them (with some reappearing!) and would like to see this streamlined somehow - maybe more messages on each page would be good?

In relation to the Breast Reconstruction group (which I help facilitate), we lost a number of links to external information / resources on our welcome page during the changeover and I believe these links are still disabled. While we have been directing members to look at information on the Reclaim Your Curves website and other links, I think it would be great to have some of those information links restored. 

Think that's it for now - hope it's not too overwhelming a list. I also agree with Brenda that it is a great online community but am pleased that you are trying to make it an even better experience :-)

Cheers, Jane

• Cosette
    edited January 2016
    Options

Haha! No, I'm not going to ignore you! Those are great suggestions, thanks :-)

• Cosette
    edited January 2016
    Options

Thanks, Jane. That's good feedback.

The site speed is something we're looking into and that's more complicated, but there are other things we may be able to do soon like reviewing that Topic list and seeing if we can get those links restored.

• Cook65
    Cook65 Member Posts: 733
    edited January 2016
    Options

Hi there

the issues I have pretty much the same issues as the other girls. Trouble deleting messages, hitting the recommend button in error and sometimes when posting or posting a reply it seems to disappear. The only other thing is I don't like how the replies to comments get narrower the more someone replies to the same comment. It makes it very difficult to read. 

Regards, Karen

• Cosette
    edited January 2016
    Options

The comment thread becoming narrow, that's a doozy. Noted. Thanks, Karen.

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    edited January 2016
    Options

Hi! 

Thanks for the opportunity to comment.

I find if I read posts in the open area they appear pretty much straight away but if I decide to click onto a Group that I belong to, say Breast Reconstruction, it takes what seems like forever to the point that I am expecting it to crash - not sure if that is my own anti virus working in the background, checking before allowing access or if moving from the main area to another is problematic for the site.

As to the site itself I find it easy to get around but I am fairly computer savvy.  I note the comment that some want a Like button so perhaps the recommend button could be re-named or is the Like button property of Facebook?

I like the suggestion of changing the post tag to submit and I, like others, are frustrated with the narrowing of comments when they have been submitted under reply.

When I was looking to do a screenshot of the page earlier I accidentally hit the inspect element button and the mechanics of the website came up; goodness it looks complicated.

Hope that helps and to reiterate again I think this is a wonderful forum to offer comfort by like minded people when needed the most.

• mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,330
    edited January 2016
    Options

In the old network (sounds like in the olden days), if you were a member of a private group those posts would appear when you read through the main forum (only to members in those groups of course).  These days we have "my feed" and unless you go there you miss out on all the posts in your private groups.  I worry that lots of the members in the private groups (I also help admin Breast reconstruction online group) don't ever see the posts in these groups because they don't use the "my feed" option.  I know the number of comments on posts in our group has decreased.  I am aware that we are notified via messages, but am not sure everyone reads their messages and so they are missing out on some great posts. Hope this doesn't sound too whingey.

Thanks for starting this great group, have a few more suggestions that I will save for another day as it's late.

Paula :)

• Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    edited January 2016
    Options

I am a member in groups but really I don't go looking for new posts in them.

First I hit Posts top left and scroll through all the general new stuff, answering some here and there.

Then I hit my messages and delete the multiple answered ones until I have just a few left to read.

Then if I want to put up a blog post I just hit the big post in the middle and off I go writing.

Not sure if that's how its supposed to be done but I seem to muddle through ok.

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    edited January 2016
    Options

Hi Cosette - sorry to be a pest!  I've clicked onto a post in the Breast Reconstruction Group:  "Are you getting the most out of this Group", dated 17 January and this is what comes up - I assume it is a glitch and not sure if you are aware - I did try a PM to you yesterday but according to my Messages it disappeared into the ether

Runtime Error
    Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
    <customErrors mode="Off"/>
    </system.web>
    </configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
    <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
    </system.web>
    </configuration>

• Ann-Marie
    Ann-Marie Member Posts: 1,142
    edited January 2016
    Options

Hi Iserbrown,

Thanks for letting us know about this. I have just checked it out and it looks like when you click "read more" you are taken to this page you have posted above. If you click on the name of the post it opens up the post as it should. 

I have noted this down and will pass into onto our digital manager on Monday.

For the facilitators of the BRG in this group, I will get back to you about this as well on Monday.

~Ann-Marie

• Ann-Marie
    edited January 2016
    Options

Thank you for this feedback. 

• Ann-Marie
    edited January 2016
    Options

Hi Paula,

Thanks for this. Please share your suggestions with us, we want to hear them.

• Ann-Marie
    edited January 2016
    Options

It's good to understand the way you use the site Brenda.  I don't think there is a way it's suppose to be done :) but what I can say is you are wonderful in helping many. 

Thanks for sharing this.