New To BCNA

Options
Kat Tamati
Kat Tamati Member Posts: 10
edited October 2015 in General discussion

Hi I'm Kat I'm new here I got diagnosed with breast cancer April this year although I've got lots n lots of family n friends support traveling this unknown journey can be mind boggling. 

I'm in my second cycle treatment 6 of 12 of Taxol. I feel greatful everyday that I'm going well with my treatments with few side effects.treatment

What are some ppl side effect other than the generalized side effects have ppl had.

I had major pelvic cervix pain 1st 3 wks of Taxol

Has anyone had their hair grow back during treatment mine start growing back cycle 1 3rd treatment

I'm glad I joined you all 

I hope everyone is having a beauty day out there

Comments

• Cook65
    Cook65 Member Posts: 733
    edited October 2015
    Options

Hi Kat

I can't help with your questions as I have had different treatment. I just wanted to say welcome. This is a great site for information and support. All the best. Karen xox

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Orbost, VictoriaPosts: 0
    edited October 2015
    Options

Hi Kat, and welcome to the network. Sounds like you've gone through heaps so far, very proud of you for coping so well. When I was on docetaxel I had lost all of my hair anyway. I'm 2 months down the track from my last chemo, and I just have hair coverage on my head, it's dark thank goodness, and my eyebrows and eyelashes are on the way back. My fingernails delaminated, but I didn't lose them thanks to ice gloves. My main issue with docetaxel was bony any joint pain. I took panadol with a panadeine during this time, and that did the trick. Hope that you are through it all soon. Sending you a big cuddle, Trace ??????

• Glynnis
    Glynnis Member Posts: 353
    edited October 2015
    Options

Hi Kat, I had 4 treatments of AC and 12 Taxol, I finished on 21st September, yes my hair started to grow back at about the 6-8 week mark of taxol which was great it is now about 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch long/ short haha. my side affects started about dose 10 of taxol, fingers and toes sensation went funny and my nails have black in them across the middle that appeared about a week or so after finishing, had to take nail polish off as was going for surgery to remove lymph nodes so the sunlight got to them and I had some fluid retention which started about 2 weeks after finishing, nothing I could cope with so was all good, I hope the rest go well for you. Glynnis ????

• rowdy
    rowdy Member Posts: 1,165
    edited October 2015
    Options

Hi Kat welcome to the site, everyones treatment is so different and we all have different side effects. Family and friends are great but this site gives you something they can't give you and that is support from people who know what it is like. It is good you are travelling so good, take carex

• Kat Tamati
    edited October 2015
    Options

Hi Tracey thanks for the reply.

Glad that your treatment is over yay.

The drs n nurses said I must have good hair folicals so again i am thankful.

I've had really great nails too untill lady week or so now I look like smokers fingers lol.

I hope all is going well for you xx

• Kat Tamati
    edited October 2015
    Options

Thank you for your welcome I'm so glad I joined 

Have a fab week xox

• Kat Tamati
    edited October 2015
    Options

Hi Glynnis. 

Great to hear from you.

I'm happy my hair is growing back but I told the drs as long as the chemo still working.

I'm glad you mentioned about the nails I'm on wk 6 tomorrow n I've noticed faint black lines on my thumb.is it from sunlight.

I try to protect myself from the sun n usually have an umbrella on me but how bad is it if we get caught out in the sun?

I have major fluid retention and have pit on excessive weight hungry all the time ??as a fitness junky pretty hard to deal with

Thank you i count my blessing that I'm doing great.

I hope you continue to be doing well xx

• Kat Tamati
    edited October 2015
    Options

Hi Rowdy.

Thank you so much for your welcome.

Yes my family are awesome n support me so much.

There's one thing they can't help with n that's emotionally.

I'm so glad to be on here. Thanks again xx

• lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    edited October 2015
    Options

Hi Kat, I've had different treatment, so can't comment on that. I finished 6 cycles of chemo 3 weeks ago, and will have surgery on Friday. My last 3 cycles were Docetaxel, and that has certainly affected my nails, almost certain I'm going to lose at least one fingernail, ??. It affects all of us so differently.

Keep smiling, Lyn

• Alsopt
    Alsopt Member Posts: 225
    edited October 2015
    Options

Hi and welcome Kat.  I've just finished my 4 of AC and start taxol in a couple of weeks so can't help you with the taxol question.  I'm just hoping the taxol is easier than the AC.  Welcome it's a wonderful group here.  Yes it is a hard journey and whilst I also have fabulous family and friends I think only those that have travelled the road really can support whilst understanding how it affects us much love 

• Kat Tamati
    edited October 2015
    Options

Yay for finishing your chemo cycle n good luck for your op.

Xxx Kat

• Kat Tamati
    edited October 2015
    Options

I hope everything has been traveling good so far. I've been really good thru treatment but I do find Taxol soooooooo much easier of course still little bumps in the rd but  nothing major.

I absolutely agree there's nothing more comforting than finding ppl on the same path 

Goodluck for your future treatment I hope it's pretty smooth sailing ??

• Kat Tamati
    edited October 2015
    Options

R you doing 12 wks of taxol?

• Glynnis
    Glynnis Member Posts: 353
    edited October 2015
    Options

Hi Kat, glad your doing ok, I'm pretty sure the black in the nails is from sunlight, keep them covered with dark nail polish. I'm doing ok started radiation treatment today so 1 down 29 more to go but who's counting lol take care keep in touch , Glynnis ????

• lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    edited October 2015
    Options

Thanks Kat. Starting to get a little nervous, tonight.