Member Intro

Options
Trudi Gaye
Trudi Gaye Member Posts: 6
edited November 2015 in General discussion

Hi Everyone 

i had a bilateral mastectomy about 1 1/2 years ago now so am fairly far down the track now , and it has been about a year since my last surgery , I had a bilateral mastectomy and implants used for reconstruction , I am now ready to look at getting my nipples tattooed.  In my research I have found a couple of tattooist doing 3 D nipples for women , one is in USA who travelled to Australia last year and tattooed  a group of women , and one is in Canberra , who's I have only read about .  Is there anyone out there that knows or has had this or any other tatooing that they are really happy with ? For some weird reason I am a bit nervous about it , Goodness knows why when you go through the loss of your breasts why you would be a bit paranoid about the tattoo !! 

Anyfeed back would be great , I live in Perth 

cheers Trudi 

Comments

• rowdy
    rowdy Member Posts: 1,165
    edited October 2015
    Options

Hi Trudi I had my nipple tattoed this year. Having the tattoo is nothing compared to everything else. I didn't feel it at all more the sensation of pressure. I had mine done at a cosmetic tattoist school so there was no charge. Are you a member of reconsrtuction group I did post some pictures. I'm happy with mine but my husband made the comment yesterday that it is a different colour to my other one.Talk about being picky.I'm from Melbourne

• rowdy
    rowdy Member Posts: 1,165
    edited October 2015
    Options

Just a bit of trivia I also had my eyebrows done, because after chemo they didn't grow back

• Trudi Gaye
    Trudi Gaye Member Posts: 6
    edited October 2015
    Options

Hi rowdy

thanks for that , I did try to check the photos on line and what I saw I thought they really finished the recon 's off fabulously 

and looked great , 

cheers trudi