INDIGENOUS EXPO HELD IN BUNBURY WA

Options
swanbird
swanbird Member Posts: 10
edited September 2016 in Community news and events

It was a privilege to be able to attend and help out at the Indigenous Expo held on the 10th May 2011 at the Italian Club, Bunbury.  Thanks to Annette Lawrence who works with the Manjimup & Collie Aboriginal Health. She, like myself, is a  newly trained and appointed Community Liaison of Breast Cancer Network Australia (BCNA).

BCNA was provided with exhibit space and showcased its free resources. There were many exhibitors during the day e.g. Commission of Election, Centrelink, Red Cross, Cancer Council and other Government Services and Agencies around the Southwest available for the Indigenous people.

The Indigenous Expo allowed Aboriginal community members to learn who is out there to help them, in any way.  It is hoped that this will be an annual event in Bunbury.

Didith Atkin – BCNA Community Liaison Officer

Tagged:

Comments

• ShirlO
    ShirlO Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi there Sunny, well done on your contributions to the Indigenous Expo.  Every new group we can reach helps spread the word about the resources that are available to Breast cancer sufferers and their families and friends.

It's great that you and Annette are able to work together to share your ideas and support each other.

Keep up the good work and let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Cheers .... Shirl xx