Online network update

Options
Jess_BCNA
Jess_BCNA Member Posts: 475
edited June 2015 in General discussion

Afternoon all! Here are the latest updates on where we're at with improvements and fixes to the BCNA website and the online network.

Its been the week for introductions in the online network, with many new members signing up and making their first blog posts. Its been wonderful to see so many of members welcome and offer their support to our new members who are at the beginning of their journey.

In the past week, we have seen many different discussions in the network including, treatment and medication, appointments, sexual health, emotional wellbeing and family and friends. We have also seen some members share their photos with us, some of their new hair and others of their creative passions.

It has certainly also been a big week for BCNA, with a recent flood in our office. With the amazing generosity of Bakers Delight, we have been able to continue to do the work we do and provide support for our members. Their generosity has been simply amazing!

Over the last week, these are some of the major issues that our developers have been working on:

• The recent issue with the comment button has now been resolved 
  • There have been updates to the thread, navigation, including hyperlinks and a select all option in your inbox. 
  • We have also made an improvement to our join form, making it easier for new members to join
  • As mentioned last week, you may have noticed new daily digest notifications in your inbox. To turn these notifications on or off visit the notifications section in your settings.

There will be more improvements rolled out over the coming weeks. These are some of the areas we'll be focusing on next:

• ‘The live activity feed’ is something we are very close to implementing. You will be seeing it on your online network homepage shortly.
  • Improvements to the notifications to come in the upcoming weeks
  • We will also be continuing to make improvements to the inbox, including those which members shared with us in our blog posts.

If you're having problems with any aspect of the new website, please leave a comment to let us know. Other members may be able to help you, and we can put together additional Help and FAQ resources if there is a need for specific advice.

Note: You can find all our previous website updates in the Network News group - https://www.bcna.org.au/online-network/groups/online-network-news

Comments

• melp27
    melp27 Member Posts: 83
    edited June 2015
    Options

theres no select all button in my inbox yet...have been able to get unread messages down to 0 so thats good.

keep up the good work!!

• emily
    emily Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2015
    Options

I use a mini Ipad when I am having treatment and during a recent hospital stay post surgery. I can log on from this device and comment on posts but cannot access my mailbox or any other personal information. It is also impossible to log off once I'm logged on! During my 5 day hospital stay I would have liked to be able to send and receive messages from the supportive women I have met on this site. Is this issue with IPads going to be addressed?

Thanks, Emily

• Michelle_R
    Michelle_R Member Posts: 901
    edited June 2015
    Options

Hi Jessica,

In my Messages, the delete button still doesn't work.   Have tried selecting single messages and multiples - it says in pink that the messages have been deleted - but they haven't been.  They must be cluttering up your system with unwanted data.  Just a note to add to your fix-list.

Thank you for all your efforts - not easy I know!  xx Michelle

• Jess_BCNA
    edited June 2015
    Options

Thanks Melp! Sorry, i meant to say check box (instead of button). An example of the check box in blue, and how to delete is just below. Get in touch with me on bcnaonline@bcna.org.au if you have any troubles at all.

• Jess_BCNA
    edited June 2015
    Options

Hi Emily, its great to hear that you are connecting and finding support on the online network. Ill send you an email just to get a little bit more information about the troubles you are experiences on the ipad. 

Jess x

• Jess_BCNA
    edited June 2015
    Options

Hi Michelle and thank you for letting me know - Ill just send you a private message to find out a little bit more. Jess x

• Karen in Brisbane
    Karen in Brisbane Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2015
    Options

Hi there,

I have been trying to access your on line network for 2 weeks and can now see that Moxilla Firefox allows me to log in whereas my Google Chrome browser would not which is quite odd.  Although I can now log in and read posts and replies, I am still unable to complete my profile.  Have tried a few times and it just won't save the information.  Any idea??  I am using Linux as my operating system as my computer is no longer Windows compatible.  Thanks,

Karen 

• melp27
    melp27 Member Posts: 83
    edited June 2015
    Options

thats my issues as well jessica

• adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    edited June 2015
    Options

Hi Jessica my group members are not receiving the group broadcasts. Adean

• Jess_BCNA
    edited June 2015
    Options

Thank you Melp27, just letting you know that Daina and I are working on fixing this. We will keep you updated in our upcoming weekly updates on how we go.

• Jess_BCNA
    edited June 2015
    Options

Hi Adean :-) i have just looked into this and the broadcast seems to be working okay - it may be just letting group members know to turn on notifications here to receive the broadcast- https://www.bcna.org.au/online-network/settings

Sometimes it can also take a little while for a broadcast to send to big group, but you can double check if the broadcast has been sent by going into your sent items.

Let me know how you go with this :-)

Jess x

notifications section in your settings.