New look blog

Options
Robyn W
Robyn W Member Posts: 1,932
edited March 2015 in General discussion

At the risk of offending people,I just have to say this today.I have waited patiently,thinking that every day when I log in,things will be better.Well they are not! If ironing out the little problems,is proving more difficult than first thought,couldn't we at least be given an update? I was not going to worry about saying anything,then earlier on I saw a post by' can erracraftychris' who I believe is a new lady to this forum.She has tried to work it out,and is now giving up.I don't blame her.When people have BC,they really don't need the added stress of trying to work this blog out!!!Personally,I don't know why it had to be changed.The only thing I can do now is look at new posts.I have no clue how to send a private message,or to receive one.I don't know how to edit something I write,and I don't know where to look to find comments on posts that I have responded to.Oh and one more thing,it is VERY slow.Sorry if I have upset people,but I feel it is such a shame that this is happening.Even the amount of posts this week,and responses from regular ladies,seem to have just dropped off.I think we should have had a survey before things were changed.Cheers Robyn

Comments

• Michelle_R
    Michelle_R Member Posts: 901
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Robyn,

I have to agree.  I have been logging in daily and this is the first time I have found a recent blog - and when I saw your name I had to scroll down a blank page to find your comment at the bottom.  I know with a site this big there will be glitches - hopefully the programmers are sorting them out and haven't gone yet!  Fingers crossed it will not be long.  xx Michelle

• Michelle_R
    Michelle_R Member Posts: 901
    edited March 2015
    Options

Robyn - use Google Chrome instead of Internet Explorer - all the blank space disappears and things look normal!

• Deanne
    Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Robyn

this is the second try at commenting on your post. The other one just went nowhere! I too have no wish to offend anyone but agree this is too long without any sort of communication from BCNA as to what is happening. I hope things are fixed soon. Deanne xxx

• Chixon
    Chixon Member Posts: 153
    edited March 2015
    Options

I agree with you ladies. Not being 'computer savvy', I am finding it very difficult to navigate this network. I know that change can be a good thing...but I also feel disappointed that 'new' ladies to this forum may not persevere and 'give -up'...missing out on valuable information and support..isn't that what we are about? Chris.x

• Daina_BCNA
    Daina_BCNA Member Posts: 796
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Robyn,

Please be assured that Jess and I are working around the clock with our developers to get these issues fixed.

Unfortunately, with such a massive site like BCNA's there was always going to be some glitches and we are just working through them as fast as we can.

Regarding the updates - We didn't want to take over the online network with blog post after blog post about the changes, fixes and improvements but I see your point and I will add an update tomorrow.

Thanks for your patience.
    Daina

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Robyn,I totally agree with you.I think it would have been good to get some basic instructions about the new site before it arrived.I can't even send a private message to Daina or anyone.Why change something that was working so well and I bet it cost a lot to do it too! I'll check in from time to time but am feeling abit disconnected at the moment. Fortunately, I have my bc support group to connect with once a month.It might be abit of a drive for you Robyn but you are most welcome to join our lovely group. Tonya cx
  • Robyn W
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thanks Daina:) An update would keep us going,and also reassure the new ladies that it hasn't always been like this! Cheers Robyn
  • Robyn W
    edited March 2015
    Options
    That's nice of you Tonya.I may just come one day to meet you!!!I also feel disconnectd from the blog at the moment.For the life if me I don't know why they had to change it.I so wish they would have changed the other stuff. It kept our blog the same.
  • Daina_BCNA
    Daina_BCNA Member Posts: 796
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Tonya/Robyn, Please do not feel disconnected :-( you have both been amazing supporters of the online network for so many years and so many women who have joined! We're working really hard to make the improvements to make it so much better for you and new members. We will give you an update tomorrow. Cheers, Daina
  • Chenners
    Chenners Member Posts: 19
    edited March 2015
    Options

I have to agree, the new site is not easy to use. I was wondering if it was because I use an iPad, but I notice posts appear twice. 

The site also seems to be slow to open any post. Hope these glitches are resolved soon. I am missing the old site I must say...and my regular fix with bcna sisters.

I am wondering if our old individual blogs will reappear. Haven't found that yet. 

• LilyFeb61
    LilyFeb61 Member Posts: 19
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Jess, could we please be allowed to connect with each other over this issue, even to vent if we need to, and could you please be prepared to hear and pass on our specific problems, or the developers may well not know exactly what the specific problems are. Currently this is the only way we can actually get to communicate with each other. Please do not block or remove this thread or others like it. We do actually need to be allowed to connect.
    One new problem I have just found is that the link from the page saying "x has replied to your blog comment abc, and you can read that here" does not have a live link, so I cannot read any of these.
    Who are the developers? Do they have experience with anything like this online community?If they cannot make it work soon, could the old online community stuff possibly be reinstated and the new one be launched only once it actually works? I am not sure if you or they have any idea how much harm the currently inaccessibility of the online community is doing to new members who thought they had found a support group and now find they just have a massive ongoing source of frustration and stress?
  • Peartree
    Peartree Member Posts: 12
    edited March 2015
    Options

I have to agree too. I have joined a few days ago and my main access is from my iPhone. I used to read posts all the time and I can't see anyway to see new posts or navigate and posting is very hard. I'm not sure where my post even is and I was so hoping if get a reply as feel like no ones read it. Of course I appreciate your efforts at getting this working but I hope the testers are trying it from a smart phone too. 

Happy to provide more specific feedback. 

• Robyn W
    edited March 2015
    Options

I agree with this comment.I really believe that irreparable damage has been done.A blog like this needs to be simple,as there are so many people with varying degrees of computer literacy.Tonight I clicked on 'messages'. Yes,it says that someone has replied to your comment,but you have to actually open EACH message SEPARATELY to see who the person is.Before,you could just look down the list and see who had responded to what.Aw Crikey!! Robyn.

• Robyn W
    edited March 2015
    Options

These are all valid points.WHY did the blog have to change? Tonight I clicked on messages.Yes ,it says that someone has replied to your comment,but you have to actually OPEN each one individually,to see who that person is.Before,you could just look down the whole list and see who had responded to what!Aw Crikey!!! Robyn.x

• June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,834
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hello everyone

As I have said before, BCNA did not have the common sense technicians to understand the system and then listen and respond to the members as to what was required of the site so we all have to suffer the consequences !  Great to provide the access to people with the new technology but give them a parallel site ! (As one member has already said).

Thank you to the ladies who think I am tech savvy but I have just tried to pass on the info that I have discovered by trial and error.  I am NOT a BCNA staff member !

No-one should be told to change their computer system to be able to get access to BCNA.

Please do keep logging on as surely it will get better and we will be able to continue to support other ladies diagnosed with breast cancer - THIS IS WHAT THE SITE IS ALL ABOUT.

Summer  :-)