New to blogging

Options
Lea-maree
Lea-maree Member Posts: 2
edited January 2015 in General discussion
Hi everyone, this is my first time blogging so hopefully I do it right! I had a left mascetomy in Sept 2014 with 20 lymph nodes affected. I am currently halfway through chemo with radiation to follow. I have learnt more than I ever wanted to over the last six months but I assume that's how we all feel.
I feel well most of the time, not really myself but ok. I have found the more active I am the better I cope physically and mentally. I have. Bad days. Where I am convinced I am not going to make it but other days I feel I could take on the world. Is this how others feel?
I have returned to the gym this week and loving it other then trying to keep my breasts in the same place. I find my everyday boob is too heavy to wear while exercising so I have been wearing the soft form I got in hospital but this moves around a lot. Is anyone able to tell me what they wear when exercising. Any tips on the best type of exercise tops etc.

Comments

• Deanne
    Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I am a B/C cup depending on the bra. I have an everyday prosthesis but find this uncomfortable to exercise in. As I do a fair bit of swimming I also purchased a swim form (about $120 I think) which is hollowed so that it sits more naturally in swimmers or sports bra. I find this gives just enough weight to balance me and prevent posture issues. Also it does not press against your chest as much so is definitely cooler and less likely to irritate your skin. It is an Amoena Aquawave Form that I got from the same place as my normal prosthesis. Hope this might be of help. Take care. Deanne xxx
  • Deanne
    Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I am a B/C cup depending on the bra. I have an everyday prosthesis but find this uncomfortable to exercise in. As I do a fair bit of swimming I also purchased a swim form (about $120 I think) which is hollowed so that it sits more naturally in swimmers or sports bra. I find this gives just enough weight to balance me and prevent posture issues. Also it does not press against your chest as much so is definitely cooler and less likely to irritate your skin. It is an Amoena Aquawave Form that I got from the same place as my normal prosthesis. Hope this might be of help. Take care. Deanne xxx