PANDORA STORY

Kath Perrin
Kath Perrin Member Posts: 42
edited April 2011 in General discussion

I posted a reply on a friend's blog about Pandora beads and thought I'd post a blog about it.

A few days before my first chemo, a girlfriend gave me a Pandora bracelet with a single Breast Cancer charm on it. She said it was to mark the start of what I had ahead of me. As I passed each milestone I bought myself a charm - each chemo, MRI, brain scan,  bone scan and blood test. A couple of days after my first chemo, I met my girlfriend for coffee in Mornington. Afterwards I went and purchased a Pandora "Cup of Coffee" bead marking my first chemo. I now have a full bracelet and when I look at it, I remember and see just how far I've come. 

Comments

• Debbie J
    Debbie J Member Posts: 322
    edited March 2015

What agreat idea to look back on your journey and see how far you have come.Where do you buy them from?. Big hugs Debbie.

• Kath Perrin
    edited March 2015

Hi Deb, you can buy Pandora from most major jewellers. Suggest you Google Pandora stockists in your area. Kath x

• MandaMoo
    MandaMoo Member Posts: 500
    edited March 2015

Kath - I saw your reply on my Blog - isn't it a wonderful idea?

I am looking forward to my next charm to mark next week's treatment - coinciding with Easter my Mum and Dad want to get me a cross as a symbol of hope.

I am already wearing my bracelet proudly and love that each charm to me has special meaning and I look forward to the end of the journey and completed bracelet of memories.

Do you have a picture of yours? What other special charms marked your milestones?

Amanda xx

• Loretta d
    Loretta d Member Posts: 124
    edited March 2015

Yes they are a great memento of our journey Kath. I purchased one after reading Amandas post. The sales lady in the store was wonderful & even gave me 3 free Pandora gifts instead of one & wants to have coffee with me when I finish my treatment. There is a Mum charm, that I have hinted to my son, I would like for Mothers day.

Loretta xx

• debbie63
    debbie63 Member Posts: 50
    edited March 2015

Kath,

What a great idea and special memories the bracelet will hold for you, marking milestones you have passed on your journey.

Deb

• Kath Perrin
    edited March 2015

HI Amanda, I have all sorts of charms.   As I said, a few days after my first chemo I met a friend for coffee and afterward we went and purchased a cup of coffee charm, every time I look at it I remember.   After a particularly bad chemo I went and purchased a solid, thick, strong letter K; every time I look at it I think of how strong I had to be at that time.  A niece gave me a charm with a tiny diamond saying diamonds were the strongest, just like me.  Each Daffodil Day I purchase the BC charm.  I was very unwell in hospital and my daughter said our rabbit "Mimmzy" was missing me too so when I got out of hospital, I bought a rabbit charm.  My Leukemia results came back negative, Mum said someone was watching over me, so I went and bought an angel charm.   Each and every charm is so personal and has meaning, it also makes me realise how far I've come. Kath x