Getting started

Options
robyn sparks
robyn sparks Member Posts: 3
edited April 2011 in General discussion

Thanks for a fantastic weekend of training and love.  I have asked our local council to advertise the My Journey Kit in their quarterly newsletter, and I am helping out at the Ballina and Murwullimbah Pink Bun days in May. Have also let a few people know I am available to speak at their groups.

Cheers Robyn Sparks

Comments

• ShirlO
    ShirlO Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi there Robyn .... so pleased that you enjoyed your C/L Training and well done with what you have achieved so far.  The Council newsletter is a good place to start, it would reach so many across your community.  Re the groups you can speak to ..... try your CWA and Senior Cits organisations, also sporting clubs and high school / health care classes.

You will find that once the word gets around that you can visit these groups you'll be very much in demand.  Do you have a local show or markets in your area?  An info stand at either of these will get a lot of notice.

Good luch with your endeavours .... if you need a hand with anything or want to "pick my brains" feel free.

Cheers .... Shirl  

• ShirlO
    ShirlO Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi there Robyn .... so pleased that you enjoyed your C/L Training and well done with what you have achieved so far.  The Council newsletter is a good place to start, it would reach so many across your community.  Re the groups you can speak to ..... try your CWA and Senior Cits organisations, also sporting clubs and high school / health care classes.

You will find that once the word gets around that you can visit these groups you'll be very much in demand.  Do you have a local show or markets in your area?  An info stand at either of these will get a lot of notice.

Good luch with your endeavours .... if you need a hand with anything or want to "pick my brains" feel free.

Cheers .... Shirl  

• robyn sparks
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi everyone. Just letting you know I attended two Pink Bun campaigns and set up a table with the BCNA resources. I soon learned to be forthcoming with people as they can be a bit overwhelmed when they are confronted with the thought of breast cancer. However, most people are keen to know about the resources. I also have little cards from Breast Screen to hand out as early detection is so important. Cheers for now, Robyn

• robyn sparks
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi everyone. Just letting you know I attended two Pink Bun campaigns and set up a table with the BCNA resources. I soon learned to be forthcoming with people as they can be a bit overwhelmed when they are confronted with the thought of breast cancer. However, most people are keen to know about the resources. I also have little cards from Breast Screen to hand out as early detection is so important. Cheers for now, Robyn