first blog

Options
arrow
arrow Member Posts: 43
edited December 2014 in General discussion

Ok. So now I have 2 contacts so it's time to start a blog. "Therapeutic" I said to Sarah. And I'm sure it will be as soon as I get up the energy. Have been on fb for 3 hours and for the first time in weeks (side effects, hospital, death in the family, over fb, etc.) and even working out why this is called a post when it's a blog (which I'd thought was one continuous document) has taxed my poor brain.

I'll start from where I am and do the historical stuff later. Rejoined the online world yesterday and part of that is working through the early posts I put on tis site to remind myself of the people who helped me so much with their love and support. Like most people newly diagnosed, I was full of confusion and anxiety and had no spare energy for following up or tying off loose ends.

These days (four months later) I don't see that level of what I used to call being organised (or, more critically, doing things properly) as being the most important thing in my life. I'm gradually giving myself permission to let things go a bit and to not be so rigid or hard on myself. These are things we tell the people we love that they should do all the time - and especially in my line of training. Funny how we seem to forget to apply it to ourselves.

Letting doing a little bit of something be enough is another thing I'm coming to grips with. As in, I've made contact with Pam and Sarah, I've caught up with emails and facebook, I've started my BCNA blog. That's enough for one morning and, because I'm tired, it's time for a rest.

Love, from me